    How do I get back to Inbox please? Clicking it doesn't work. The newsgroups
    still seem to be working.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Apr 22, 2014

  2. Sounds a bit like you have searched for something and it still is showing
    just those things ? Clear any search boxes, just in case. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 22, 2014

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geopelia" wrote in message
    I'm trying to get email Inbox. It seems to be stuck on all the previous
    emails beginning with Y.
    How do I get back to Inbox please? Clicking it doesn't work. The newsgroups
    still seem to be working.
    Geopelia

    I've fixed it, I asked the computer shop. You just click "Date".
    I would never have guessed that!
    There is a lot of Windows 7 stuff on Google, but not what I was looking for.
    Dumb, aren't I?

    geopelia, Apr 22, 2014
  4. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Sounds like you were actually still in the InBox, but it was sorted in
    reverse alphabetical order (Z at the top) of the From column. The InBox
    window will also scroll further up / down to show more emails that
    don't fit on-screen, but if you're looking at reverse alphabetical
    order, then you need to scroll down instead of up to see emails
    starting with S, M, G, B.

    Clicking on the various column headers will sort the emails in
    different ways - alphabetically by From or Subect, date order, etc.
    Clicking on a header will alternate between normal and reverse sort
    order (although that can depend on the email application and operating
    system - with some you may need to hold down the Shift or another key
    on the keyboard while clicking on a header).

    Your Name, Apr 22, 2014
  5. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    That's another possibility I'd forgotten about.

    Your Name, Apr 22, 2014
  6. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    No. You fixed it. When you couldn't fix it yourself you asked for help
    and got it. What's dumb about that?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 22, 2014
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" wrote in message
    No. You fixed it. When you couldn't fix it yourself you asked for help
    and got it. What's dumb about that?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    I feel dumb. I was a blonde in my young days!
    Finding my way around windows 7 seems complicated. Just as well I didn't get
    windows 8.

    Thanks to all
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Apr 22, 2014
  8. geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    Windows 8 and Windows 7 are not that different, I believe. Not as
    different as XP and Windows 8, anyway.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 23, 2014
  9. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" wrote in message
    Windows 8 and Windows 7 are not that different, I believe. Not as
    different as XP and Windows 8, anyway.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Windows 7 should last for some years. Perhaps longer than I will last!

    geopelia, Apr 23, 2014