    What do I have to do to resolve this?

    thanks,
    Stuart

    Guest, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Guest

    JR Guest

    Hi Stu,
    Finally someone with an SMC router :) Have the seme one,
    great piece of eauipment !
    For your problem, disable all the firewalls on your
    machines for now.
    Check the IP addresses on all machines.
    Try to "ping" between the machines.
    If successful, check if "file and printer sharing" is
    enabled on all machines.
    Let me know how you're doing....I'll be checking for your
    reply.
    Ar you using Xp Home or XP Pro ??
    a cable connection (each one is connected to it), and I
    have a new laptop connected to it wirelessly. All of the
    machines are running Windows XP.
    files I shared, before I started playing. Now, I can not
    see any shared files at all. I can see each of the three
    computers in the same workgroup, but I can not see any of
    the shared files, which is ultimately what I want to
    accomplish, move files back and forth, and share them as
    well.

    JR, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for helping JR!

    I have the Barricade 7004 VWBR (I think are the letters), really like it, picked it up at Christmas. If I can get this working, ideally I want to have all the files on the desktop and laptop, automatically updating eachother when either changes, and sharing a scanner and printer...first step I know is to get them seeing eachother.

    OK, we are one step closer! I turned off the XP firewall on the laptop, and I can now see the shared folders in my network tree on desktop 1 (I am leaving desktop 2 turned off for now, get this working first!).

    I can not see any network drives on my laptop, at all!??!?! What next????

    Thanks again,
    Stu!

    Guest, Jul 29, 2004
  4. Guest

    Gavan Bright Guest

    Thanks JR and Stu

    I am having similar problems this helped me somewhat resolve the issue.

    Thanks

    Gav

    Gavan Bright, Aug 6, 2004