    download IOS as I don't fulfill their criteria. What options are open to
    me?

    TIA, Jase

    Jason, Dec 14, 2007

  2. Jason

    Trendkill Guest

    Pretty sure you are out of luck unless you bought a piece of equipment
    with an IOS level that you want. Going strictly by Cisco's rules, you
    would need to buy licenses for the software revs you want. Else you
    will have to rely on other questionable options.

    Trendkill, Dec 14, 2007

  3. Jason

    Gadafi Guest

    You have one option and it's called ioshunter... try to googlearound

    Gadafi, Dec 15, 2007
  4. Jason

    Scott Perry Guest

    The other option is to be part of a Cisco Connection Online (CCO) account.
    A regular Cisco website login can be associated with an account which will
    provide access to the software downloads. I am guessing that you do not
    have a login or work in a department that deals with Cisco enough to
    constitue logins such as this. You may consider contacting Cisco directly
    or using the Cisco website to locate local area Cisco partner or Cisco gold
    partner companies to contact about getting a software image.

    It is common for IOS images on devices to be upgraded to higher version
    levels without a cost. It is when you change the IOS image features that a
    cost is involved. If you have a Cisco 1700 series device with an IP BASE
    image of (for example) 12.0.3 or something like that, you can upgrade to IP
    BASE 12.3.24. You cannot upgrade from an IP BASE image of any version to an
    ENTERPRISE version without purchasing a software license. Upgrades within
    the feature set are permitted.

    I also heard from a Cisco sales representative that upgrading an image from
    one feature set to a strong encryption feature set is permitted within any
    country in which Cisco allows strong encryption to be distributed. They
    mentioned that products commonly come off of the manufacturing line with
    simple encryption and that strong encryption is added by the customer, where
    permitted, in order for Cisco to simplify production.

    --

    ===========
    Scott Perry

    Scott Perry, Dec 17, 2007
  5. Jason

    E. S. Guest

    Hello.

    I have bought used routers with a lot of different IOS inside.
    With wich title I can contact cisco and ask to download the updated version
    of them?
    Example: I bought an used 1721 with an ADVIPSERVICES release, I can ask for
    the latest one?

    I have not understood.

    E. S., Jan 16, 2008

  6. The repsonder was incorrect.

    Certain security updates are available for free when you contact TAC,
    but in general, in order to get the latest one, you will need a
    maintenance contract on that device in order to download and use it.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 16, 2008
  7. Jason

    Brian V Guest

    He bought the routers USED. Unless he relicensed them he is not entitled to
    anything from Cisco including security updates.

    Brian V, Jan 17, 2008