    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Mar 23, 2006

  2. Barry OGrady

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:32:26 +1100, Barry OGrady wrote:

    > I have an Adaptec 1522A which is an ISA SCSI card. I want to use it in an AMD
    > motherboard with a K6/500 processor under Windows XP.
    > I can't find a driver for it for Windows XP and if I use the XP built in driver it says
    > it can't set resources. Is that normal or does it suggest the card is not working?
    > How can I set resources for this card, by looking at the links on the card?
    > Any suggestions?
    > I want to use it with a 4 mm SCSI DAT tape drive.

    Does the card appear properly in the Device Manager? That message may be
    because the card isn't isapnp.

    Meat Plow, Mar 23, 2006

  3. Barry OGrady

    old man Guest

    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...h+US&cat=/Product/AHA-1522A&prodkey=AHA-1522A
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/kr4b6
    As you see there are no winxp drivers, not sure whether NT driver might do
    I doubt any default winxp driver would work

    old man, Mar 23, 2006
  4. Barry OGrady

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:51:24 -0500, Meat Plow <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:32:26 +1100, Barry OGrady wrote:
    >
    >> I have an Adaptec 1522A which is an ISA SCSI card. I want to use it in an AMD
    >> motherboard with a K6/500 processor under Windows XP.
    >> I can't find a driver for it for Windows XP and if I use the XP built in driver it says
    >> it can't set resources. Is that normal or does it suggest the card is not working?
    >> How can I set resources for this card, by looking at the links on the card?
    >> Any suggestions?
    >> I want to use it with a 4 mm SCSI DAT tape drive.

    >Does the card appear properly in the Device Manager? That message may be
    >because the card isn't isapnp.

    You are right. It is not pnp. I had to tell Windows XP to install the driver and set
    the resources manually. Having done that it is now working.

    >> Barry

    >--
    >
    >Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004

    Barry
    =====

    Barry OGrady, Mar 27, 2006