    moment they are 1,2 and 3.
    or can it be becaus 2 of the accespoints are to close to easy other ?

    Best Regerds Peter

    Driogan, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Driogan

    Chris H. Guest

    Could be all of the below. Might try changing channels on the units and see
    what happens. Are the devices Microsoft Broadband Networking units? If
    not, you might try contacting the support section for the manufacturer of
    the products, or post to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
    newsgroup where general networking is supported.

    Chris H., Oct 31, 2006

  3. Driogan

    Driogan Guest

    Can the problem also be becaus the routers are running with WPA2-PSK ?

    Driogan, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Driogan

    Chris H. Guest

    Sure, it can definitely be the problem if the interface on the computers
    doesn't support it. :cool:

    Chris H., Nov 1, 2006
  5. Driogan

    Driogan Guest

    Hehe Okay just found out the the wpa2, aint supportet by the winxp
    client we are using, and my boss dont want me to install the hotfix for
    it, so running wpa instead, and it works good, now I only have a
    smaller problem.

    What can you do when cell phones make you get disconnectedfrom the
    wireless , it dont happens all the time the phones rings but just some
    of the time.

    Best Regerds

    Peter

    Driogan, Nov 2, 2006
  6. Driogan

    Chris H. Guest

    The problem with cell phones or cordless phones is because they're running
    at the same frequency as the wireless setup. The only way to correct the
    problem is to change the frequency of the wireless networking or go all
    wired. Without your stating what products you're using in the network (this
    is a Microsoft Broadband Networking support newsgroup), I suspect your LAN
    is probably 2.4 GHz. It your were to switch to a 5.1 GHz hardware (plus all
    the adapters), you probably won't have the interference issue.

    Chris H., Nov 2, 2006
  7. Driogan

    hawksbill666 Guest

    I also thought that my wireless phones, microwaves, bad karma, et al was
    annoying my simple quest for a bondage-free laptop experience around the
    house. My present, truly-earned wizardly first check is my Motorola WiFi
    router changing to DHCP from PPPoE for my WAN/DSL router settings. 8 out of
    10 times it is that and a quick scroll back to my laptop via airwaves. Why
    this happens is still a partial mystery though it is always preceded by some
    sort of inquiry to or from Windows about my desire for MORE or my exploitable
    personal aspirations via da Web. There is also that increasingly annoying cat
    fight over my email, browser,home page and search engine that frankly makes
    the NSA phone snooping seem like a good thing:) ~Steve Medley -fighting to
    stay connected since 1975 (my first commercial LAN install:)

    hawksbill666, Nov 4, 2006
  8. Driogan

    Chris H. Guest

    Steve, does your Internet provider require using PPPoE? The "internal"
    settings on a router for your side (Local Area Network) versus the Internet
    (Wide Area Network) are two different things. By changing your router to
    something your ISP doesn't use can really goof up your connection.

    And, you may have already discovered from the items you've listed, there are
    also other things such as microwaves, refrigerators, washers/dryers and even
    the environmental construction of our homes which can interfere with
    wireless.

    Chris H., Nov 4, 2006
  9. Driogan

    hawksbill666 Guest

    It is possible that ip addresses are being duped. Check that? Do an ipconfig
    /all? Maybe a net view? Router config screen? Check for aliens?

    hawksbill666, Nov 5, 2006
  10. Driogan

    hawksbill666 Guest

    If SBC Yahooligans didn't use PPPoE I would be a loyal fan. I used to annoy
    their Hindu outpost regularly about what their server paid attention to (MAC,
    POTS #, Rising Sign) but they would only give me a static set of ip addresses
    to go away and agree with me that with XP's PPPoE on th miniport that their
    dsl software was more lialiablity than a boon. The microwave is tame, the
    wireless phones can't even pick up eachother's signals and the neutrons
    emanating from the Chinese only politely seek space again~ My problems are
    definitely real or perceived spy activity or overzealous
    software marketeers with of course the omnipresent superstars of the WWW-
    smut/real love/hybrid/virtual relationship consultants..they are like zombie
    things at every click. Seriously, I work military IT for many moons and never
    a "forum" or therapy session for even windows workstations. Like the
    discipline in that environ -worth the potential firing squad or court martial
    for skylarking on he net~

    hawksbill666, Nov 5, 2006