    Could anyone give me an idea on the OID to check?
    Thanks in advance
    Giles

    Mr Jibbles, Jul 3, 2006

  2. Mr Jibbles

    anybody43 Guest

    ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry

    32 bit counters only of course.

    On a Gigbit interface the byte counters could wrap in
    let's see .... 30 sec, or of course 15 sec if the implementation
    uses signed numbers.

    says:-
    In SNMPv2, 32-bit and 64-bit counters are defined

    If you find the 64 bit ones let me know.

    anybody43, Jul 3, 2006

  3. Mr Jibbles

    Mr Jibbles Guest

    Thanks for the quick reply.
    This is the OID I was using (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1) and it only displays
    the VLANs. If I do a 'show port' on the console it shows the individual
    ports (slot/port). These are the stats I am looking for. Does the Cisco
    6500 have 2 MGT ips (one for the routing engine and one for the
    switch)?

    Mr Jibbles, Jul 3, 2006
  4. Mr Jibbles

    anybody43 Guest

    I am trying to get stats from each of the interfaces on the blades and
    ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry
    and
    ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1

    are equivalent

    I have been out of 6500s for a while however if you have
    a router module (MSFC) and you are running CatOS
    on the switch then they will indeed have seperate IP
    addresses.

    I forget how that config works now.

    That would explain what you see. If that is the case you will
    need to configure snmp (Assuming it has an IP address)
    on the Supervisor Engine and you will then be able to get
    the stats from there.

    The sup 720 I believe has a single manegement entity.
    Will find out shortly :)

    anybody43, Jul 3, 2006