    How do you determine what AS is associated with any given IP address? A
    web-based resource, please, if possible, as i don't have access to any
    core routers :)

    John Oliver, Oct 9, 2005

  2. John Oliver

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Oct 9, 2005

  3. John Oliver

    Unruh Guest

    No idea what an AS is.

    You might find whois useful if you are on a linux system. Otherwise grep
    for whois on google.

    Unruh, Oct 9, 2005
  4. John Oliver

    AM Guest

    Maybe Autonomous system?

    AM, Oct 9, 2005
  5. John Oliver

    Bill Marcum Guest

    AS?
    Surely you don't mean this:
    $ wtf as
    as: as (1) - the portable GNU assembler.

    Bill Marcum, Oct 9, 2005
  6. I'm pretty sure he means autonymous system. Which makes the mystery:

    1) If he has no access to cisco routers, why is he posting to a Cisco
    newsgroup?

    2) If his question has nothing to do with Linux, why is he posting to a
    Linux newsgroup?

    I'm pretty sure the answer to these two questions will bring
    enlightenment.

    DS

    David Schwartz, Oct 10, 2005