    I haven't been around to cause trouble. That will change...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 14, 2004

  2. Guest

    Neil Guest

    of course it isn't. If you want technical questions answered you go to
    one of the technical NG. this one is about certification, but short of a
    question that can be easily answered at the MS certification website,
    there is nothing that can be discussed that does not violate the NDA.
    I could not disagree more, this NG is serious fun. there is no other
    reason for the NG other than to point out the stupidity of those who ask
    dumb questions. and since this is a frequent occurance, it's one of MS's
    most active NGs. And since it's so much fun, there are regualars here
    (like you)...
    I don't care...Tra-la-la-la-la...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Guest

    Andy Foster Guest

    Users (assuming these are user fora/newsgroups) are expected to ask dumb
    questions. That's what they do.
    Admins (and wannabes)are expected to be able to read FAQs, google, etc.

    Andy Foster, Aug 14, 2004
  4. I could not disagree more, this NG is serious fun. there is no other
    I totally agree....

    On serious note, the idiotic posts by those people who ask these
    'dumb' questions highlight a real problem within the IT
    'profession'.......

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 14, 2004
  5. Admins (and wannabes)are expected to be able to read FAQs, google, etc.

    ... and tie their own shoelaces!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 14, 2004
  6. Guest

    Andy Foster Guest

    And not snip attributions

    Andy Foster, Aug 14, 2004
  7. Guest

    Neil Guest

    it proves that some people are not yet ready for prime time. While I was a
    newbie at one stage myself, I do remember doing my own research. I don't
    think I liked exposing my stupidity in public. That's what my wife is
    for...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 15, 2004
  8. Guest

    Brian Guest

    there.

    Actually, that's for discussing the technet software. There are a whole
    bunch of newsgroups specific to just about every product though.

    Brian, Aug 16, 2004
  9. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Thank the Deity for the dimwitted little nimrods. This weekend I had
    four boxen in the shop. Every damn one of 'em loaded with Worms and
    bugs. Cha-ching! One gal's confuser was missing no less than 24 critical
    updates.

    Please! Whatever you do, don't update, don't firewall, and most of all,
    you don' need no steenking anti-virus.

    ROTFITMLMO!!!

    JaR

    JaR, Aug 16, 2004
  10. Please! Whatever you do, don't update, don't firewall, and most of all,
    ....and never ever password protect anything - people only forget them
    anyway.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 16, 2004
  11. There are a whole
    even testking?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 16, 2004
  12. Guest

    Neil Guest

    also install hotbar, and mysearchbar and the like becuase they can be
    SOOOOOOOOOO useful.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 16, 2004
  13. Guest

    Neil Guest

    I'm going to kill you

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 16, 2004
  14. also install hotbar, and mysearchbar and the like becuase they can be
    ... and add's a nice touch too.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 16, 2004
  15. I'm going to kill you

    you're going to kill me?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 16, 2004
  16. Guest

    Neil Guest

    and webshots...don't forget webshots, and anything by GAIN....so much
    spyware so little time to install them all....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 16, 2004
  17. Guest

    Neil Guest

    No, Not! only joking

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 16, 2004
  18. and webshots...don't forget webshots, and anything by GAIN....so much
    such is life....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 16, 2004
  19. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    GOOD LUCK IN PRISON!!!

    LOL

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 16, 2004
  20. Guest

    Neil Guest

    always look on the birght side of life (wait that might be another thread
    here today)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 16, 2004