    gangle Guest

  2. gangle

    Liz Guest

    Liz, Aug 27, 2003

  3. gangle

    gangle Guest

  4. gangle

    Liz Guest

    Thanks gangle, very interesting story. Will read it later.
    Also, I found a new translation of Homer's Iliad on this site.
    I've been looking for it. So, thanks again! :)

    Liz, Aug 27, 2003
  5. gangle

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Liz continued:
    Strangely, reading it in Latin at school made it more appealing than some of
    the dire English translations.

    "Ah, we like a good /bellum/ in the 70's."

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003
  6. gangle

    Liz Guest

    You read Homer Simpson in Latin?! Doh! I'm impressed. :)

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    Liz, Aug 27, 2003
  7. gangle

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Hah! I read it in Ancient Greek before it became ancient......

    Juan Pérez, Aug 28, 2003
  8. gangle

    Liz Guest

    Ancient is all Greek to me.