    when i use my device in windows xp pro 32bit it shows up as a standard usb to
    serial device use stock drivers but xp x64 pro finds it but has no drivers am
    i missing something ?

    Guest, Nov 24, 2005

  2. Guest

    Robert Boers Guest

    Prolific has an USB to serial driver that seems to work on my Ferrari
    4005 in WXP64:
    ------------------
    Release Note, PL-2303 Windows 64-bit Driver v2.0.1.8, Prolific Edition

    Requirement:
    . Windows XP x64-bit Edition
    . USB host controller
    . Device using PL-2303H/X/HX controller

    Supported device ID:
    VID_067B&PID_2303

    Driver Version: v2.0.1.8 (non-logo)
    SER2PL64.SYS

    Driver Remover/Uninstaller:
    DRemover_x64.exe

    ================================
    Driver Installation Procedure:

    1. Copy driver files to folder in computer.
    2. Plug in PL-2303 and wait for Windows to prompt for driver.
    3. Browse to the folder containing the driver files and let Windows
    install the driver.
    4. Go to Control Panel-System-Device Manager and check if PL-2303 USB to
    Serial Port device is properly installed.

    ================================
    Known Limitation:
    ---------------------------
    Windows XP Professional x64 Edition HyperTerminal Issue

    Symptom:
    ----------------
    The data transfer rate of PL-2303 is very slow when using the new
    HyperTerminal (5.2.3790.1830) program in Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 Service Pack 1.

    Cause & Workaround:
    ---------------------------------
    The PL-2303 uses software control to simulate Serial COM port, so the
    driver needs to send more data in each BulkOut command. However, it
    seems that the newer version of HyperTerminal (v5.2.3790.1830) in
    Windows XP Professional x64-Edition is using other method in sending
    data byte by byte that limits the PL-2303 driver to achieve the transmit
    rate set by users.

    When using an older version of HyperTerminal (v5.1.2600.0) from Windows
    XP SP2 (32-bit Version 2002), the data transfer is normal. Prolific is
    trying to feeback this issue to Microsoft if the HyperTerminal program
    in Windows x64-bit Edition could be updated.

    Prolific advices not to use the HyperTerminal program (v5.2.3790.1830)
    in Windows x64-Edition until this limitation is resolved. Prolific
    recommends to use an older version of HyperTerminal or use other
    software programs.

    =================================
    Prolific Technology Inc.
    http://www.prolific.com.tw

    Robert Boers, Nov 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Nov 24, 2005
  4. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    thank you, this enables my Microsoft/Pharos GPS 360. You have to edit
    the inf file and change it to VID_067B&PID_AAA0 in a few places and
    then picki the driver to install.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Nov 24, 2005
  5. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Nov 24, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi

    Many thanks for this posting. I develop software that drives serial devices
    (both direct and via USB to Serial adaptors). Had been looking for drivers
    for this - now it looks like this is solved.

    James @ GeoMEM

    Guest, Nov 25, 2005