  1. Now since I updated to sp2 if I dont let generic host access the
    internet...I cant open explorer... is generic host process for win 32 safe?
    thanx

    Michael Xanadu, Oct 10, 2004

  2. Michael Xanadu

    °Mike° Guest

  3. Michael Xanadu

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Svchost is the messenger for the O/S along with all of its many other
    tasks. Not only will the O/S and its programs use svchost.exe on their
    behalf to communicate on the Internet, but malware programs such as Trojans
    and spyware can use svchost.exe Generic Host Process to do their bidding as
    well. So, you should always be aware of what svchost.exe is trying to do or
    who is using svchost.exe (the messenger) to communicate.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 10, 2004