    The price for a new Canon NB-4L battery is absurd, so I'm looking at
    some off-brand batteries instead. The prices on ebay are very low
    (often less than $10 including shipping). Are these generics any good?

    AcornMan, Dec 29, 2005

  2. The price for a new Canon NB-4L battery is absurd, so I'm looking at
    some off-brand batteries instead. The prices on ebay are very low
    (often less than $10 including shipping). Are these generics any good?

    Canon issued a warning about fake batteries some time ago, and stated that
    the use of non official batteries would void any warranty. So don't be
    fooled into buying what appears to be a very cheap 'official Canon' battery.

    Of course Canon could have just been trying to scare people into buying
    their batteries.

    I'd be wary of buying something like this from EBay, as you will have no
    come back on the seller if it should damage your camera.

    **SS**

    secret squiddle, Dec 29, 2005

  3. AcornMan

    Bill Funk Guest

    Magnussen-Moss says different, in the US.
    Ya think? :)
    There are so many other places to buy third-party batteries, using
    Ebay for this seems to be not worth any small savings.

    Bill Funk, Dec 29, 2005
  4. AcornMan

    Me Guest

    I got the S400 battery here:
    http://www.sterlingtek.com/sterlingtek/
    They were fast and cheap! It is even a longer lasting battery than the
    original. No problems either.
    The NB-1L 1400mAh Battery Pack for the s400 is just $9

    Me, Dec 29, 2005