    as above, I cant see the General tab to delete cookies etc in either
    control panel or right -click ( this is on winxp IE 6 SP1)
    any suggestions would be helpful

    Rob Harlow, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Rob Harlow

    °Mike° Guest

    Close IE and open the registry editor (Start / Run / regedit)
    at the following keys:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    +Software
    +Policies
    +Microsoft
    +Internet Explorer
    +Control Panel

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    +Software
    +Policies
    +Microsoft
    +Internet Explorer
    +Control Panel

    Look for an entry (in the right hand window) called GeneralTab.
    Either right click on it and change it to 0 (zero), or delete it.

    Once that is done, install, update and run the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware