    An example is 'alt.binaries.pictures.aly.........
    Also it is not at present showing the decription.
    I subscribe to newgroups via news.cable.ntlworld.com

    John Sullivan, Oct 5, 2005

  2. John Sullivan

    Gordon Guest

    Where are you looking at these names?

    Gordon, Oct 5, 2005

  3. John Sullivan

    Evan Platt Guest

    Where? If it's a banner somewhere, expand the width of it.
    There is no description.

    Evan Platt, Oct 5, 2005
  4. John Sullivan

    Mike Easter Guest

    Move the slider to the right.

    Probably you are asking about the view whose Title bar says "Newsgroup
    subscriptions" which can be accessed in OE by selecting the newsserver
    and using Tools/ Newsgroups from the Menu or by R clicking the
    newsserver and selecting Newsgroups from the context menu or by using
    the Newsgroups button from the synchronization view.

    The Newsgroup Subscriptions window gives you tabs for All, Subscribed,
    and New and each tab view has columns for Newsgroup and Description.

    The column width is adjustable with a slider between newsgroup and
    description so that you can make the column wide enough to display the
    entire name of the newsgroup.

    The description function has to be accessible from the newsserver, which
    it usually isn't. When accessible, you check the box "Also search
    descriptions" which requires resetting the list of newsgroups. An
    example of a newsserver with available descriptions is news.spamcop.net

    Mike Easter, Oct 5, 2005
  5. John Sullivan

    Mike Easter Guest

    Just to the left of the word 'Description' is a faint delimitor. When
    you pass your cursor over that delimitor, it changes from an arrow to a
    black 'cross piece'.

    Depress and hold the L mouse button so that you can slide the crosspiece
    to the right to make a wider column for the newsgroup names. Then
    release the mousebutton.

    Mike Easter, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Yep. Found it Mike. Very many thanks. Probably don't need the 'Descriptions'
    feature now, as most are self explanatory.

    John Sullivan, Oct 5, 2005
  7. Many thanks to all respondents.

    John Sullivan, Oct 5, 2005