    help is greatly appreciated
    regards
    robert

    Rob, Apr 21, 2004

  2. http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Well, for starters, you can delete OE from XP.

    Ask yourself carefully, is deleting IE really something you want to do?
    It does cause Windows Update to be unusable. Also some programs, such
    as NAV, will not work without IE installed, though you rarely have to
    use it. Probably best advice is to leave IE installed and only run it
    for critical updates to the OS.

    If you are sure, there is XPLite:

    http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html

    I have used the 98Lite version to remove IE from two machines, one
    running 98SE and the other ME. It worked in both cases. I have never
    actually used the XP version, so I can't swear to it. While it is now a
    pay program, there is a free preview that works forever.

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Hi Rob ,

    I would agree with Leonidas on what he said. I have used IE just because
    it came with Windows, but when I found out you can use mozilla instead
    my internet surfing days changed. No spyware, cookie control and etc..

    I decided to leave IE on my hdd for the purpose that some sites still
    prefer IE over open source browsers . But if you have to use IE for
    surfing remember to run a Spyware removal tool ,IE likes to pickup
    spyware without your acknowlodgement.

    rgds

    Bill

    Bill Falconer, Apr 24, 2004
  5. I think XpLitePro lets you move Internet-exporter in
    and out if restore is enabled ..not sure about it though.

    Screaming Chicken, Apr 25, 2004