    via an account a friend set up for me elsewhere. But that works fine.

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Browne, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Alan Browne

    m II Guest

    Will 'Annika' Douglas be flooding it with film based shots?

    mike

    --

    Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It
    made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to

    Terry Pratchett

    m II, Jan 1, 2005

  3. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    m II wrote:

    I suspect he'll be flooding it with DSLR shots, usually with a humorous, witty
    or sarcastic title. At least he seems to shoot about daily which is a lot more
    than I can say for myself ... or most folks around here...

    Alan Browne, Jan 1, 2005
  4. Alan Browne

    Dave Guest

    How truely successful is the group if you have to urge people to move
    over there?

    Dave, Jan 1, 2005
  5. Alan Browne

    Ryadia Guest

    Get this straight guys and gals...
    Alan Browne is the self appointed net COP of that group.
    He'll get up you so fast you'll think he's rocket propelled if you so much
    as think about...

    top posting
    mentioning anything other than precisely DSLR
    Or any of the other cardinal sins he sees as his duty to police.
    Of course he, himself is exempt from rules and if not, he'll change 'em to
    suit himself!

    Hello... Did anybody notice?
    Only about 18% of the world's ISPs actually carry the group on their servers
    and even fewer update it hourly.

    Rec.Photo. digital has served the digital photographic community well and
    continues to have the broadest, most comprehensive range of digital
    photographic topics of any group. Who really wants to get into a quasi
    "moderated" group where freedom to discuss whatever you want about digital
    photography is not just discouraged by this individual but openly policed?
    Are you listning Alan? It was a wonderful place the last week on dslr. Pity
    it's netcop has returned to do as he sees as his duty and make sure all you
    scumbags toe the line...
    Doug

    Ryadia, Jan 1, 2005
  6. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Successful enough that it has more than doubled over Dec. traffic.

    My message is meant to urge more people over now that the NG has a base amount
    of traffic and discussion that will make it worthwhile to them.

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Browne, Jan 1, 2005
  7. Alan Browne

    The Dave© Guest

    Rec.photo.digital has become a victim of it's own success. It's too
    easy to get lost in there and lose track.

    The Dave©, Jan 1, 2005
  8. Alan Browne

    Hugh Jorgan Guest

    You got beat up a lot at school didn't you?

    Hugh Jorgan, Jan 1, 2005
  9. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Thank you for your endorsement Doug. I love your "perspective".

    Happy New Year!

    Alan Browne, Jan 1, 2005
  10. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Nobody was foolish enough to try.

    But do tell what prompted your question?

    Alan Browne, Jan 1, 2005
  11. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Since you post in the new NG on the order of 2 or 3 times a day, I'm baffled by
    your reply, above.

    I agree that rpd has served the community well. Very well. So well that it now
    gets some 12,000 posts a month (400/day). That's a lot to wade through when I
    (and you too AFAICT) are only interested in digital slr's. That's why the new
    ng was proposed: to reduce the wading.

    I'm no more 'net cop' than anyone, just reminding people of boundaries and
    nettiquette that is generally accepted and practiced. I've seen you defend
    'bottom posting' and conscientious snipping that matter.

    I'm not sure who you're calling scumbags, but that is hardly the high minded
    behaviour you seem to espouse.

    Again, thanks for your perspecive.

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Browne, Jan 1, 2005
  12. Alan Browne

    Rudy Benner Guest

    I answer to that name.....

    Rudy Benner, Jan 1, 2005
  13. Alan Browne commented courteously ...
    Alan, I didn't know about this NG. Thanks for posting a
    link.

    I currently have a P & S but I'm always on the lookout for
    what's new in DSLRs, so I'll start monitoring the other NG
    now.

    For my take on this thread, perhaps it would be helpful to
    allow/encourage people to talk about DSLRs in the context
    of "what's better, P & S or DSLR?" (or words to that
    effect) here in rec.photo.digital, and take the in-depth
    discussion, problems, help, etc. to slr-systems.

    Wadda ya all think?

    All Things Mopar, Jan 1, 2005
  14. Alan Browne

    Pete D Guest

    Hello Hugh, fancy meeting you here. LOL

    Pete D, Jan 1, 2005
  15. Alan Browne

    Dave Guest

    How altruistic of you ;)

    Dave, Jan 2, 2005
  16. Alan Browne

    MarkH Guest

    My ISP carries the D-SLR group, but they are crap and I prefer to use
    Easynews. After asking Easynews to add the group nothing happened, so I
    hounded their support about it. Now Easynews carries the D-SLR group, but
    I will still continue to use this group for the more general digital
    photography discussions.

    MarkH, Jan 2, 2005
  17. Alan Browne

    Hugh Jorgan Guest

    Hey! Haha!

    Hugh Jorgan, Jan 2, 2005
  18. Alan Browne

    Hugh Jorgan Guest

    I have this picture in my head of you with your hall monitor badge and
    pocket protector.

    Hugh Jorgan, Jan 2, 2005
  19. Alan Browne

    Stacey Guest

    So what?

    Stacey, Jan 2, 2005
  20. I think we already have this group, for general digital questions, and
    then we have dpreview.com, which has specific discussion groups for any
    and all DSLR cameras. I don't see the need for a general DSLR group.
    What is the big mystery about SLR that it requires a separate group?

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Jan 2, 2005