    Other than those download locations, you may also install it directly from the
    November issue of NetGuide magazine at your bookstore on sale now.

    Thank you!

    Matthue Gera, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Matthue Gera

    T.N.O. Guest

    WTF, more spam?

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003

  3. Matthue Gera

    T.N.O. Guest

    Just to back that up a little...
    This domain is currently listed in the Shared Registry

    Domain Name: zoomzoomzoom.co.nz
    Registered: 19/11/2002
    Modified: 05/2/2003
    Billed Until: 19/11/2003

    Registrant Contact Admin Contact
    Matthue Gera Matthue Gera
    Epsom Epsom

    AUCKLAND AUCKLAND

    NZNZ

    Email: Email:
    Phone: +64-21-467 090 Phone: +64-21-467 090

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  4. Matthue Gera

    Matthue Gera Guest

    Thank you for your interest David Edward John Hall (and unsolicited SMS
    messages and treats for SMS messages at 2am).

    Perhaps you would like to discuss SPAM some more?

    Should I email you at or write correspondance
    to 123 Forfar St, Mornington, Dunedin?

    Or perhaps call you back on 021-523260 ?

    Maybe you are new to usenet?

    I will take it that you are, posting on nz,comp that new shareware is
    available for those who would like to try it is not considered SPAMMING.
    Most posts contain a single header line, this normallly describes the
    posts content. In this case if you were interested you would have read
    the content, if you were not interested you would have read other posts
    instead. The point being, this is a public forum posting facility.
    New shareware (under nz.comp) release posts in the past have not been
    any problem, those who do not wish to particpate simply do not.
    However those who are interested do.

    People talk about computer related content on nz.comp
    Information about products, companies and even software is discussed also.
    It is an OPEN forum for communication.

    Please respect that next time and please do not send any more SMS messages,
    those really do serve not point other than to show that you do not know
    the different between email SPAM and open computer related posting issues.

    Matthue Gera, Oct 17, 2003
  5. Matthue Gera

    Bret Guest

    I think it's SPAM, you sell your software, it' a commercial post.
    Some people can get away with what you're trying to do because they
    are known regular posters, I have not seen you here before, and I'm
    not impressed with your chest puffing bravado towards Dave.

    Bret, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Matthue Gera

    T.N.O. Guest

    Reply is inline.

    err treats, I would assume you mean threats, but all I said was "would you
    like me to send you messages at 2am" or somthing to that effect... I dont
    see a threat there, just a question.
    Go for it... Im more than happy to discuss this further.
    not really, 7 years and counting, you however, I havent seen posting around
    here, maybe it's you who are new?
    Commercial product(from the licience "This software is for product
    evaluation purposes only. Until purchased and registered."), where the
    charter specifically says they are not allowed.
    Seems remarkably like spam to me.
    Good point, but doesnt change a thing, still against the charter...
    yes, public and non-commercial, which your post is not.
    Show me one that has "not been any problem" and I will promptly leave you to
    your spamming ways.
    Open yes, are commercials allowed, nope.
    I know the difference, that was my point... is spamming a spammer immoral?

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  7. Matthue Gera

    bt Guest

    Surely PGP is just as good or better, and is free.

    Additionally there are several free utilities floating around
    implementing Blowfish or IDEA encryption.

    And finally, for conveinience if nothing else, most ZIP programs have
    an encryption facility - which, combined with a long password (pass
    phrase is better) are practical for anything less than the X-files...

    Not sure what encryption winRAR uses.
    It would be a great idea to NOT spam your wares in nz.comp.

    Brendan (Avatar)

    --
    ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

    Check out my cool Water Cooling Project! http://www.computerman.orcon.net.nz/WaterCooling1.html

    Email: [email protected] (dot com). No Timewasters. No UCE.
    My comments are IMHO, IIRC, FYI, and Copyright.

    bt, Oct 17, 2003
  8. Matthue Gera

    Richard Guest

    So what's the encryption algorithm, and who's it been audited/examined by?
    I note that there's been *zero* discussion of it on sci.crypt or
    sci.crypt.research. Why should I trust my data to your program?

    Richard

    Richard, Oct 17, 2003
  9. Matthue Gera

    Matthue Gera Guest

    To clarify your reply:

    I have been using Usenet now since 1994.
    Because you have not seen recent posts does not automaticly mean I am 'new'.
    "would you like me to message you at 2am" is indeed a threat.
    Just as if you were to say to someone whom you have not spoken with ever
    before "would you like a punch in the head?".

    The threatening intent is within the question itself.
    No doubt if you did this on the street to someone else and they informed
    the police of your "would you like a punch in the head?" question you
    would be soon on charges of threatening to assult someone, even if it was
    a question.

    Do not use that approach again otherwise (even if it was a question) you
    might face the consequences of your actions with those who can take action
    against you.

    Let me first explain to you the concept of SPAM.

    SPAM is, information which you have received in which you did not ask for or
    perform any activity for that information to delivered to you.
    The most common method for this is of course E-mail.
    SPAM is most commonly refered to as 'unsolicited email'.
    Meaning email about products and services which you do not do anything to
    request in the first place.

    Now lets talk about UseNet and the original posting.

    The information was not delivered to you via mass e-mail, therefore it was
    not e-mail SPAM, SPAM is directed at people individually that is why we
    receive it in our own e-mail boxes. It is sent to an individual email
    address which is unique.

    My posting was not sent to any person or e-mail address directly.
    The posting did not have information about the price, or features of the
    product, it did however have informaton about where it can be located.

    The originator of the posting was not fake unlike SPAM email today.

    You did choose to open up the nz.comp newsgroup to read about computed
    related issues, discussions, software, hardware, company names etc.

    Since you did choose to open up this newsgroup, you 'subscribed' to
    receive all the information within it. Posted by any person.

    With SPAM you do not choose to do anything but still receive it.

    Secondly you did choose to read the posting after viewing the header.

    The posting may be linked to a commercial product, but you choose to
    pursue the information within that posting.

    If you did not want to read it you should not have opened it up.

    The posting was not structured in a way in which products are normally
    advertised (including in SPAM cases), the posting simply notified those
    to new software being available and without advertising features, allowed
    a link to more information on that product.

    Hardly a fully blown commercial advertising 'venture' via UseNet.

    SPAM is information that comes to you without your requesting it.
    In this case it was your activities which brought that information to you.
    That is, your choice to subscribe to the information within nz.comp and
    also your choice to read more than just the posting header information.

    If the posting was in an unrelated group such as nz.zebras then I would
    understand your complaint better, however this limited information was
    posted within the correct article group being related to computer information.

    I hope that clears up your questions and I do hope in the future that you
    do not indirectly threaten others with unwanted and clearing intentional
    annoying SMS messages at 2am.

    Matthue Gera, Oct 17, 2003
  10. Matthue Gera

    T.N.O. Guest

    Because he spammed it on usenet... oh wait, thats not a good reason, ummm
    that his FAQ links dont seem to work in Mozilla Firebird, oh wait, thats not
    a good reason either... oh yeah, because he doesnt think he is spamming when
    he posts commercial information in a group which specifically states in the
    charter that you shouldn't do it, oh no, thats not a good reason either.

    In that case, dunno...

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  11. Matthue Gera

    T.N.O. Guest

    'new'.

    Then you should know better than to post commercial information in a
    newsgroup that doesnt allow it, have you not read the charter?
    If you saw that as a threat, you must live a very fearful life, it was
    mearly a question, I expected a reply, never mind.
    But a "punch in the head" is very different to a "message at 2am"
    You mean... I may get an answer? shock horror.
    All good sofar...
    twas against the charter.
    yes, not ads, and it seems that unlike you, I read the charter for the group
    too.
    yes, but as the charter specifically states no commercial material is to be
    posted here.
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/nz-news-hierarchy/
    specifically this.

    Commercial posts.
    =================

    These should be restricted to nz.biz.* groups. All other groups forbid
    these being posted. nz.wanted should be used for non-commercial
    advertising only.
    The heading is not important, it is still spam.
    And if you dont want email spam, dont have email... heard it before from
    some other spammers, some even in this group.
    But against the charter, it isn't hard to understand.
    information.

    no it wasn't, see the nz.* group charter... all commercial posts go to
    nz.biz.misc
    It wasn't a threat, only a question.
    Incidentally, if I did it, I would be spamming you... would I not, which is
    morally wrong.

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  12. Matthue Gera

    T.N.O. Guest

    Further to that, check out the thread titled "Press Release: WiseImage 6.0
    for AutoCAD released" and you will see the general thoughts of the group
    about commercial posts in nz.comp

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  13. Matthue Gera

    Richard Guest

    You should know what spam is, then. Remember Canter & Siegel?
    It is also used to describe crap, like yours, that appears on USENET. In
    fact, this meaning of the word first came into common usage as applied to
    USENET.
    Excuse me? I think you're dreaming and/or out of touch. Or maybe you've
    been reading the mainstream "IT" media too much.

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=M...=UTF-8&selm=4sn9nl$&rnum=120>

    When you've got a product whose algorithms are open and have been
    analysed, which has merit, you'll make money without resorting to spam -
    most likely by being bought out by NAI/Verislime. You'd fit right in
    there, I suspect. Take your algorithm and publish it; set up a cracking
    challenge, talk to the mathematicians in sci.crypt. If you truly *do*
    have a better mousetrap, the world will come to you. You won't need to
    spam.

    Richard

    Richard, Oct 17, 2003
  14. Matthue Gera

    Adam Warner Guest

    Hi Matthue Gera,
    Indeed. Here's evidence from 1996 that you knew the correct place to post
    NZ commercial unsolicited advertising:
    <http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?selm=4pbv3v$&output=gplain>

    Contrition would have been the appropriate response to your commercial
    advertising in nz.comp.

    In the immortal words of Matthue Gera, "Clearly find a better job to
    support your family other than pissing 1000's of people off on the
    internet."¹

    Regards,
    Adam

    ¹<http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?selm=4sn9nl$&output=gplain>

    Adam Warner, Oct 17, 2003
  15. Matthue Gera

    Richard Guest

    Doesn't look like it; he hadn't read it in 1996 either. Forgive the
    unwrapped URL, and note the Newsgroups: line when you get there.

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=M...=UTF-8&selm=4sve6k$&rnum=118>

    Oh, and note the warning in his sig. Interesting for a guy who was (at
    the time) trying to get a job in the IT industry.

    Richard

    Richard, Oct 17, 2003
  16. Hi there,

    <snip argument about spam>

    On another note you may want to check whether your use of the acronym
    GEM infringes the copyright held by Digital Equipment Corporation and
    the GEM desktop, used on PC's and more notably 32-bit Atari computers...

    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Christchurch.

    Chris Wilkinson, Oct 17, 2003
  17. Hi there,

    My bad, sorry GEM is a registered trademark of Digital Research, Inc.

    Chris Wilkinson, Oct 17, 2003
  18. Matthue Gera

    XPD Guest

    LOL its only since youve posted that link that Ive clicked onto who this guy
    is.
    And believe me, hes not worth wasting bandwidth on :)

    XPD, Oct 17, 2003
  19. Matthue Gera

    T.N.O. Guest

    Gera Encryption Method is the name of the program, GEM is the acronym from
    what I can tell from the site, would this be ok?

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  20. Matthue Gera

    T.N.O. Guest

    It is interesting, some of the info I found on him compares him to Roger...
    very funny indeed, and that was in 1996

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003