    recent posting "AA charger recommendation"?

    Thanks for any information.

    Larry Mehl

    mehlREMOVETHIS, Jul 16, 2007

  2. mehlREMOVETHIS

    SMS Guest

    It's very different.

    1. There is no NiCad/NiMH switch (no big deal for most users).

    2. There is no pulse load battery tester function. Too bad, as this was
    a very useful feature on the NC-MQH01.

    3. It's a very low current charger, at 300mA for AA, and 150mA for AAA,
    while the NC-MQH01 was 900mA for four AA cells (and 2000mA for two AA
    cells in the fast charge positions).

    4. It's physically different, with a sliding cover, and it's very small
    (213cc) and light (120g).

    It might be nice for traveling as it's so small, as long as you can live
    with the extremely low charge rate.

    It's on the charger web site, with a link to a PDF of the user manual.

    I wonder about the engineering decision to have a sliding cover that is
    covers the batteries during charging. Was this related to temperature
    sensing?

    Steve
    "http://nordicgroup.us/chargers"
    "http://www.batterydata.com/"