    specific vendor implementation that only links up with its own
    implementation?

    Kott

    Kott, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Kott

    chris Guest

    Do a show interface after you've stuck the gbics in. Does it report
    the proper (and same) media type on both ends? Some third party
    brands are not properly recognized in some combinations of Cisco
    switches and IOS. You might also be mixing SX and LX modules.

    -Chris

    chris, Sep 7, 2004

  3. even worse. Some vendors only allow there own GBIC/SFP.

    Arnold

    Arnold Nipper, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Kott

    Ben Guest

    could be an attenuation problem?

    Ben, Sep 11, 2004
  5. Kott

    chris Guest

    In theory not unless he's using ZX modules. I'd think he would know
    that given the huge price tag on those. For the Cisco gbics, the SX
    and LX modules transmit power is not above the max receive level.

    -Chris

    chris, Sep 12, 2004