    need to do so I don't have to run ipconfig all the time?

    Thanks
    Dwight

    Dwight, Apr 13, 2005

  2. That fact that running ipconfig /renew indicates the DHCP client is not
    being instructed to renew its address when you transition from your home
    network to the network at your place of work. Usually, when you transition
    from 1 wireless network to another the wireless service will issue a DHCP IP
    address renewal. Is it possible your home network and work network have the
    same name?

    Peter Bui[MS], Apr 15, 2005

  3. Dwight

    Dwight Guest

    Peter Bui[MS] wrote:
    > That fact that running ipconfig /renew indicates the DHCP client is

    not
    > being instructed to renew its address when you transition from your

    home
    > network to the network at your place of work. Usually, when you

    transition
    > from 1 wireless network to another the wireless service will issue a

    DHCP IP
    > address renewal. Is it possible your home network and work network

    have the
    > same name?

    Not the same name, but the router is the same ip. Maybe if I switch the
    work to the 10.0.0.0, subnet that might work.

    Dwight, Apr 15, 2005