    I don't want to buy an hardware card.

    If it is possible were can I find one?

    Thanks a lot

    Molz, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Molz

    shido Guest

    shido, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Molz

    Molz Guest

    Thanks

    Molz, Jul 3, 2003
  4. Molz

    Molz Guest

    I've visited the web site.
    The software doesn't lokk like what I want (but I can be in wrong).
    I need a sofware that makes from H.323 gateway, for example I want to
    set netmeeting in all the PC of my network to use that gateway to make
    outgoing call. If it is impossible please tell me "It's impossible!".

    Thanks, bye

    Molz, Jul 3, 2003
  5. Molz

    Neil Smith Guest

    Ohh - you mean you want a H323 *Gatekeeper* O well , try

    www.dialupaudio.com

    for a netmeeting gatekeeper 'Dual Gatekeeper', that ought to keep you
    busy. Cheers - Neil Smith

    VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
    day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
    for a connected world.

    Neil Smith, Jul 3, 2003
  6. Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.

    Jeremy McNamara

    Jeremy McNamara, Jul 3, 2003
  7. Molz

    Peter Guest

    Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.

    But it's not a H323 gatekeeper. Right?

    Peter, Jul 3, 2003
  8. Molz

    Molz Guest

    No it isn't.
    However I'm looking for a gateway. Maybe I'm in wrong but I think that
    a gateway is the one who make outgoing and recive incoming call on the
    PTSN,instead a gatekeeper manage the network in which it work and make
    possible to make a connection with an other pc (or gateway)in the
    network.
    So a gatekeeper isn't what I'm looking for.
    If I'm in wrong please help me.

    Bye

    Molz, Jul 4, 2003
  9. Molz

    Neil Smith Guest

    Then try www.openh323.org for windows and Linux H323 gatekeepers.

    Neil Smith, Jul 4, 2003
  10. Molz

    Peter Guest

    It can become a gatekeeper with the proper motivation.

    You mean like someone writing additional code for chan_h323?

    Peter

    Peter, Jul 7, 2003
  11. Yes, that someone is me, I wrote chan_h323.

    Jeremy McNamara

    Jeremy McNamara, Jul 8, 2003
  12. gnugk has many issues... the biggest being half implemented or not
    properly implemented features. The next being the different directions
    the developers seem to want to go with it. Gatekeepers are supposed to
    gatekeep, not cook dinner. (ie feature creep)

    openh323gk has stalled, the last i knew.

    opengk is not even close to being usable in a service providing environment.

    So, I wrote my own, which ~could~ get integrated into chan_h323, but
    time is money and its not going to be a trivial task.

    (No my gatekeeper is not public, at this point)

    Jeremy McNamara

    Jeremy McNamara, Jul 9, 2003