  1. Why ask? Look 'em up here -- listed by city and even *station*. Highs
    and lows both.

    http://gasbuddy.com

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Blinky the Shark

    EricP Guest

    Wow!
    That's cheap!

    Try over $1.83 for 1 litre, thats robbery, but I just paid it.

    EricP, Sep 1, 2005

  3. Blinky the Shark

    gordon Guest

    That's government-imposed robbery - 80% of UK pump price is tax.

    GRT RID OF BLAIR FOR GOD'S SAKE!

    gordon, Sep 1, 2005
  4. Blinky the Shark

    Whiskers Guest

    In the UK <http://www.whatprice.co.uk/car/petrol-prices.php>

    For comparison at the moment, here in north London unleaded petrol is
    around 90p/litre which equates with 6.13 US Dollars per US gallon. No-one
    seems to be too worried, just resigned to rising prices.

    Whiskers, Sep 1, 2005
  5. I'll gladly take his job on.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Blinky the Shark

    gordon Guest

    AND his missus? No thanks!

    gordon, Sep 1, 2005
  7. No no, I will bring my own ;-)

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 1, 2005
  8. Blinky the Shark

    gordon Guest

    You'd have to pay Wifeage!

    gordon, Sep 1, 2005
  9. Blinky the Shark

    Whiskers Guest

    I don't think that would have any effect on the price of petrol. Or God.

    I think it's long overdue for north American governments to start taxing
    vehicle fuel heavily enough to influence consumption. The same goes for
    China. Aviation fuel too.

    The less the world uses, the better for everyone on the planet.

    Perhaps the connections between energetic weather systems, global warming,
    and human activity, might start to influence the world's governments'
    policies before we have hurricanes in the arctic and sea-level high enough
    to permanently flood most major cities around the world.

    Whiskers, Sep 1, 2005
  10. Blinky the Shark

    gordon Guest

    Well it hasn't worked here. We have something like 80% of the pump price
    in tax, and vehicle use just goes on going up. There has to be a viable
    alternative method of transport before fuel tax will have any effect,
    and we ain't got that here, so we just carry on paying through the nose.....

    gordon, Sep 1, 2005
  11. [email protected], Sep 1, 2005
  12. Blinky the Shark

    Jamco Guest

    Its 98.5 cents a litre in Canada (canadian $$ of course)...same thing here,
    60% of the price is damn taxes!! It is insane!! Gas prices here are 40%
    higher this year, then they were last year at this time!!

    Jamco, Sep 1, 2005
  13. Blinky the Shark

    Whiskers Guest

    What would vehicle use be like here if petrol was now less than 30p/litre?
    I agree that better funding and management of public transport systems is
    also called for.

    We could also usefully revert to pre-1960s attitudes to shopping and choices
    of where to live, work, and use schools - it used to be taken for granted
    that these would all be within walking distance for most people. Ever
    noticed that most housing built before about 1965 originally had no
    provision for a garage or off-street parking?

    Whiskers, Sep 1, 2005
  14. What is? Crystal ball's out to the cleaners.
    Where?

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2005
  15. How much of that 80% has Blair added?

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2005
  16. Yeah, I doubt that he added all that tax. Sounds like just another
    outburst of kneejerk partisan politics, to me.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2005
  17. Blinky the Shark

    trout Guest

    Welcome to the Village. You are Number 6.

    trout, Sep 1, 2005
  18. That's nutty, at least in the US. All those tract homes that went up
    in the late '40s and '50s had garages.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2005
  19. Blinky the Shark

    trout Guest

    Well, sure. That's the suburbs. They were designed around the
    *assumption* of vehicle use.

    trout, Sep 1, 2005
  20. Blinky the Shark

    clot Guest

    Port Meirion? Mini Mokes are economical!

    clot, Sep 1, 2005