    So I uninstalled, re-installed and played again. Only to save, exit
    and start up to the same problem again. Any ideas what is going on?
    Thanks.

    Scribner, Jun 26, 2007

  2. Scribner

    Cub Guest

    either buy Vista compatable games or upgrade to XP again ;-)

    Cub, Jun 26, 2007

  3. Scribner

    WhzzKdd Guest

    <g> True - there are compatibility issues. I have several games from Win95
    running on my Vista. All but one work fairly well in the W98 or W2k
    compatibility mode. The one that doesn't is only a problem if I turn on the
    background music.

    So for the OP, try the compatibility mode settings.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 27, 2007
  4. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    I've tried the compatibility thing and it didn't work. Why does it
    work when installed and then not later?

    Scribner, Jun 27, 2007
  5. Scribner

    WhzzKdd Guest

    I've had a game do that - fortunately it saved my game in process data when
    I reinstalled <g>

    Did you check the very last box on the bottom "run as administrator"? I did
    that on the aforementioned game, and it hasn't been a problem since. Oh
    yeah, there's that damn UAC notice every time I start the game, but I can
    live with that (or turn off UAC.)

    WhzzKdd, Jun 27, 2007
  6. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    I am the Administrator, so that box is greyed out. And the first
    thing that I diod in Vista was to turn off UAC.

    Scribner, Jun 27, 2007
  7. Scribner

    WhzzKdd Guest

    You shouldn't be running as administrator. That's a big security no-no. You
    should be set up with a user account instead, and leave the administrator
    account alone. And while UAC is a PITA, it's there for a reason. While I'm
    working hard at setting up new systems (adding software, testing hardware,
    etc.) I'll turn it off, but after the main setups are done, I turn it back
    on. Again, it comes back to security. As long as my PC is connected to the
    Internet (even behind my router with NAT and my firewall) I keep the
    security features and settings at their best levels.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 28, 2007