    always display a "Thanks for registering" message, so this is definitely _not_
    an instance of a trial period expiring.

    What could be causing this? How can I get this game to run properly?

    Eric Perlin, Jan 4, 2008

  2. Eric Perlin

    Eric Perlin Guest

    I have a registered shareware game called Inetris installed on my PC. It worked
    just fine for several months, and now, whenever I try to run it, it only runs in
    minimized mode. Clicking on it and selecting "Maximize" won't do anything.

    I am running Windows 2000.

    I paid to have this game registered, and before I had this problem, it would

    Eric Perlin, Jan 4, 2008

  3. Eric Perlin

    Shel-hed Guest

    Right click on the shortcut and choose properties, make sure it isn't set to run
    minimized.

    Shel-hed, Jan 4, 2008
  4. Eric Perlin

    Eric Perlin Guest

    Shel-hed wrote:

    } Right click on the shortcut and choose properties, make
    } sure it isn't set to run minimized.

    Thanks for the tip. I clicked on properties, and found the options were Normal
    Window, Minimize, and Maximize. It was set for Normal Window. I changed it to
    Maximize, yet it _still_ ran minimized. I also tried setting it back to "Normal
    Window", and again it was running minimized.

    I downloaded, installed and registered this program several years and three
    computers ago. It always ran fine in Windows 3.1, then ran equally well in
    Windows 98, and ran equally well in Windows 2000 for about 6 months, then this
    problem came up out of nowhere.

    Eric Perlin, Jan 4, 2008
  5. Eric Perlin

    Guest Guest

    Contact the game's author.

    Guest, Jan 4, 2008
  6. Eric Perlin

    philo Guest

    Uninstall it

    reboot then re-install

    philo, Jan 4, 2008
  7. Eric Perlin

    Ben Myers Guest

    <snip>

    Make sure the game is maximized, right-click a blank spot on the taskbar and
    select "Cascade Windows". Then right-click again and select "Undo Cascade".

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jan 4, 2008
  8. Eric Perlin

    Eric Perlin Guest

    :

    } Make sure the game is maximized, right-click
    } a blank spot on the taskbar and select "Cascade
    } Windows". Then right-click again and select
    } "Undo Cascade".

    IT WORKED!!!!!!!

    Thanks so much, Ben!

    To all those who took the time to respond, thank you too.

    Eric Perlin, Jan 5, 2008
  9. Eric Perlin

    Eric Perlin Guest

    <a> wrote:

    } Contact the game's author.

    I thought of that, but the game is so old, it is difficult to find the author's
    current email address. The game's help file had a link to a web page which is no
    longer up.

    Fortunately, Ben Myers gave me instructions which worked perfectly.

    Thank you anyway, a, for taking the time to reply to my post.

    Eric Perlin, Jan 5, 2008
  10. Eric Perlin

    Eric Perlin Guest

    :

    } Uninstall it
    }
    } reboot then re-install

    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It didn't occur to me to re-boot after
    uninstalling. That might well have worked, and I appreciate the suggestion.

    Ben Myers' reply about cascading and undoing cascading was a very simple step
    that took less than a minute and worked perfectly.

    Eric Perlin, Jan 5, 2008
  11. Eric Perlin

    Shel-hed Guest

    Why does this work? Was the window dragged "offscreen"? :-/

    Shel-hed, Jan 6, 2008
  12. Eric Perlin

    Ben Myers Guest

    It is my understanding that the procedure forces Windows to recalculate the area
    needed for a maximized application and it would probably work if an application
    was somehow moved offscreen.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jan 6, 2008