    access to all computers on my network from all computers on my
    network? Also, how do I prevent outside computers from using my
    network without affecting my access?

    Michael Fell, Sep 3, 2007

    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 3, 2007

  3. Michael Fell

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    The "Login failure ..." message has a specific cause. With XP Pro (Tablet) you
    use the Local Security Policy editor to resolve this.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Help>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Help

    Are you using Guest, or non-Guest access? With Guest access (Simple File
    Sharing / Password Protected Sharing disabled), there will always be directories
    that can't be accessed. You have to use non-Guest access.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Guest>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-under-windows-xp.html#Guest

    --
    Cheers,