    due to the fact that the G3 has been discontinued.

    Here are some side-by-side pics:

    http://www.pbase.com/rcataldo/g3g5test

    R2D2, Feb 10, 2004

  2. R2D2

    Guest Guest

    ( before e-mailing, remove "NOSPAM" from address )

    Very nice job.
    So, what were your own conclusions after the tests ?

    Guest, Feb 10, 2004

  3. R2D2

    AE1M Guest

    I just bought a Canon G5 for $479 + shipping and am quite happy with
    it. I had a G2 that I sold for $297 on eBay. So it was a $200
    upgrade.

    There are significant user-friendly features over G2, the addition of
    the thumb scroll wheel for shutter speed or aperture size (depending
    on mode), longer optical zoom & digital zoom, faster, shutter speed up
    to 1/2000, and many more. I have not yet seen a problem in a photo,
    but I will admit to not being a professional. The pics seem extremely
    crisp and clear to me.

    Having had th G2, I really wanted anothe Canon so I wouldnt have to
    re-learn a whole new system.

    Bob

    AE1M, Feb 10, 2004
  4. R2D2,

    thank you very much forconducting a very instructive test.

    However, the results are an indication to me that two generations of evolution
    are not enough to merit a switch from my G2 to the G5.

    Guenter

    Guenter Fieblinger, Feb 10, 2004