    I do to correct this? Many thanks.
    =================
    Delete "abc" to reply by email.

    wdh, Aug 23, 2003

  2. On my new G3, my little white dog looks like a little white blob. I
    Turn the flash off, use the automatic exposure setting, or turn the built
    in ND filter on.

    Jack in the Fox!, Aug 23, 2003

  3. wdh

    Charlie D Guest

    Decrease exposure.
    The averaging light meter is fooled by the relatively large dark areas
    surrounding the white dog.

    Charlie D, Aug 23, 2003
  4. The Gx series tends to overexpose. Play around with the EV settings a
    bit--I keep my G3 at -2/3, but often go even lower if the histogram view
    flashes at me.

    There's very little you can do to retrieve details that have been lost
    to overexposure, since they simply aren't there.

    Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
    If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!

    Louise Bremner, Aug 23, 2003