G2 pics from the Cabot Trail

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by xyz, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. xyz

    xyz Guest

    xyz, Aug 22, 2003

  2. xyz

    Jean Gupta Guest

    The Cabot Trail in Cape Breton highlands has something for everyone.
    Why the picture of a guardrail? What am I missing here?

    Jean Gupta, Aug 22, 2003

  3. Why the picture of a guardrail? What am I missing here?
    As is the seat of a public toilet. But I don't photograph that.
    And I find that an act against nature. You won't find animals falling
    off of cliffs, only stupid humans. If someone falls off and dies, that is
    just nature weeding out the weak and stupid. Lives saved by that guard
    rail are people that now could be driving on roads that I am on and kill me
    with their dangerous careless driving habits. Not good.
    I figured it was some artsy fartsy thing. Why not suck all the color out
    of it and make it a B&W shot while you are at it, then turn the photo at an
    angle and add a motion blur effect to it?

    Hank Pharthinurfais, Aug 23, 2003
  4. xyz

    xyz Guest

    OK. I get it. Troll. Thanks for the revelation. I knew it was an
    odd question to ask. Why would this poster care if I post a pic of a
    guardrail.....it was just a leading question and no matter what the
    response just wanted to troll. Plonk. Parents should really watch
    over their kids more (like this guy). Have some fun this summer and
    be sure to visit the Cabot Trail if you can pull yourself away from
    the 'puter long enough.

    xyz, Aug 23, 2003
  5. xyz

    xyz Guest

    Bet ya spend a lot of time there though :) This is what happens when
    one has way too much time on ones hands. I highly recommend filling
    your time doing something more positive and refreshing
    like....visiting the Cabot Trail. Trust me, then you'll feel less
    urge to do what you do (....psst. you only feel that way when you're
    bored and you'll be pleasantly surprised what some fresh air will do
    ya...or daddy will spanky spanky)

    xyz, Aug 23, 2003
  6. xyz

    xyz Guest

    Hint. Whenever you see a question like that - you can be certain
    99.99% of the time it is a troll. It's only a leading type question
    and is usually followed up with a troll type response. Here, let me
    demonstrate: Hey, why would you take a picture of a [ fill in any
    subject of your choice ]? Anyone who ask a question like that - could
    care less what picture it is that you took. Congrats. You just
    graduated from how to spot a troll :) Have a nice evening.

    xyz, Aug 23, 2003
  7. xyz

    Martin Guest

    The guardrail photo is very good. To me, it is effective becasue of
    the unique composition. The shadow nicely repeats the interesting
    repetition of the posts. The dimishing perspective gives it an action
    point as it leads the viewer's eye into the distance landscape that
    this photo so nicely frames. This photo integrates the "mechanical",
    rigid designs typical of mankind with the smooth flowing designs of
    nature. It would be, to me, more interesting if the rail was well
    rusted...take an update in 20 years (and hope there's been no
    maintenance).

    Martin, Aug 23, 2003
  8. xyz

    xyz Guest

    The guardrail photo was one of many travel pics I snapped during my
    trip to the region. The Cabot Trail itself is well maintained from
    what I saw of it. Road is in very good condition (has to be as it's
    heavily travelled by tourist and there are many descents with hairpint
    turns and switchbacks in the road...last thing you want to be doing is
    hit a pothole or swerve to avoid one and end up in the adjacent lane).
    The guardrails that ring the Trail seem to be in decent shape as well.
    I'm sure if they could *talk* they'll have stories to tell.

    Cape Breton is a lovely place to visit and I would recommend it to
    anyone travelling to the Atlantic region of Canada. I hear many
    Maritimers like to visit the Cabot Trail located in the northern most
    part of Cape Breton Island during the Fall when the area is filled
    with vivid colours. Next time :)

    xyz, Aug 23, 2003
  9. xyz

    Graham Guest

    Jean Gupta wrote:

    Guess who Jean is?

    Yep, it's steve/dana/sarah/12.213.34.191 again.

    Graham, Aug 27, 2003
  10. xyz

    Graham Guest

    And Hank?

    Yep.

    Yep, it's steve/dana/sarah/Jean Kupta/12.213.34.191 again.

    Graham, Aug 27, 2003