    configuration do I need on each of the routers.

    Thanks

    Rich

    Rich, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Rich

    Thomas Braun Guest

    Thomas Braun, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Hi Thomas,

    Have tried that smaple config before but it does not work the line
    does no even come up. The other problem is I no nothing about ATM why
    is there a PVC 0/35 then PVC 8/35 also do you have to have a dialer
    interface can't the ATM interface's just communicate without this

    Thanks

    Rich

    Rich, Jul 28, 2004
  4. Rich

    Rich Guest

    The sample config does not seem to work do I need special cables or
    are straight through RJ11 OK

    Rich

    Rich, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Straight-through RJ11s should be fine.

    I have a back-to-back 828 G.SHDSL configuration working based on the
    sample config; though I think I removed the aal5snap encapsulated pvc (pvc
    0/35). I did notice that the link can take up to several minutes to
    establish (don't know if this is a 'feature' or not).

    Cheers,

    Matt

    Matthew Melbourne, Aug 20, 2004
  6. Rich

    AnyBody43 Guest

    You will need acrossover cable.

    I did find the pinouts for these ports the other day but can't
    find them now.

    AnyBody43, Aug 21, 2004

  7. Huh? How can you cross over a single pair of wire?

    Doug McIntyre, Aug 21, 2004
  8. Rich

    AnyBody43 Guest

    OK. I don't understand this much at all. (Still maybe I'll
    learn something.)

    How not?
    If I cross the single pair of wires connected to
    my car battery the car will not work and may in fact be
    permanently damaged.

    If I cross the single pair of wires on the connection to my
    co-ax ethernet cable I suspect that my station would not work.
    (I do know a little about this - baseband - signalling)

    On the other hand if I cross the single pair or wires
    connecting my bedside lamp to the mains it will still work.

    If I cross the single pair of wires to my 1950 telephone
    I suspect that it will still work. I guess that a modern
    phone is the same and I suppose that a DSL line should not
    be sensitive either.

    Pinout for Cisco DSL ports:
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/
    cis2600/hw_inst/wic_inst/wic_doc/wandsl.htm

    As you can see the pins are differentiated by name (Tip - Ring)
    if the polarity did not ever matter would anyone bother?

    ** Anyway, are you saying that a crossover cable is not needed
    in this case? **

    Thanks.

    AnyBody43, Aug 23, 2004
  9. Rich