G.SHDSL 828-to-828

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Lars L. Christensen, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. "Igor Mamuziæ" <> wrote in

    > We are trying to establish G.SHDSL connection between two 828 routers
    > used as a bridges. We are establishing connection locally without
    > telco (that is without telco DSLAM). CD LED is off. Cable that we are
    > using is the one provided with the 828 router (cable S/N: 72-1702-01).
    > Can you please be so kind and tell us is such connection possible at
    > all?
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Igor Mamuzic

    Hi Igor

    Your setup will work, when you specify one router as a master and the
    other as a slave.

    Have a further look at
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk274/technologies_configuration_ex
    ample09186a0080135834.shtml

    The magic word is "dsl equipment-type co" and "dsl equipment-type cpe"

    br
    Lars Christensen

    Igor Mamuziæ, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Hi Lars,

    Thanks for your support... I have already done such setup (one is CPE and
    the other one is CO), but still I don't have a CD LED on. I'm performing
    this configuration in my lab environment so there is no way that the
    telephone line is down, etc. I have opened TAC case and they provided me
    with the configuration that works now. I examined configuration provided by
    TAC and discovered that only difference between my and TAC config was
    definition of interesting traffic and different ATM VC number. They used
    1/10 and I used 8/35. Do I need to define interesting traffic to get CD LED
    on? I thought that CD LED status is layer 1 issue (interface is down/line
    protocol is down) or I must define some interesting traffic to get my CD LED
    on?

    Best Regards,
    Igor

    Igor Mamuziæ, Dec 17, 2004