FXS Help - Call From Either Router Allways Busy

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    GDay Everyone,
    Just hoping you all may be able to shed some light
    onto this for me. This is the fist time I have tired to configure FXS ports
    and its proving to be getting the better of me. I have 2 routers (2610XM)
    connected together via a serial back to back. in each of these routers I
    have a 2FXS card in each NM-1V module. I have followed a basic configuration
    and I get a dial tone in the ear handset but for the life of me I am
    continually getting a busy tone from each phone. When the phone is taken off
    hook I do get a green light on the vic. Below is the configuration

    Router A
    hostname Router-A
    voice-port 1/0/0
    voice-port 1/0/1
    dial-peer voice 1 pots
    destination-pattern 1111
    port 1/0/0
    dial-peer voice 2 voip
    destination-pattern 2222
    session target ipv4:10.1.1.2
    interface Serial0/0
    ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
    no fair-queue

    Router B
    hostname Router-B
    voice-port 1/1/0
    voice-port 1/1/1
    dial-peer voice 1 pots
    destination-pattern 2222
    port 1/1/0
    dial-peer voice 2 voip
    destination-pattern 1111
    session target ipv4:10.1.1.1
    interface Serial0/0
    ip address 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
    no fair-queue
    clockrate 4000000

    I can ping from either router the other router OK. Any thoughts would be of
    great advantage. Thanks for you assistance

    John

    John, Aug 23, 2003

  2. John

    John Guest

    Everyone,
    I have found the solution. It was to do with my phones. If
    you connect a non US phone to port 0 it wont work :) Here is a url that
    might help anyone else in the future.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094fac.shtml
    The information under Pinout Information
    Port 0 on a VIC-2FXS is designed to accommodate a US style 2-line phone,
    instead of the usual European style 1-line phone.

    This means that in addition to pins 3 and 4 being used, pins 2 and 5 are
    also monitored. With some phone handsets it is possible that pins 2 and 5
    are wired up to allow last number re-call or call-forwarding. If this is the
    case, Port 0 on the VIC will assume you have a 2-line phone, and shutdown
    port 1.

    Hope this helps

    John

    John, Aug 24, 2003