FXO-FXS transparent VoIP for KSU extensions?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by CWB, May 1, 2005.

  1. CWB

    CWB Guest

    I have a couple of offices with KSUs (Nortel Norstar) which have some analog
    extns on them..I want to remote these analog extns to distant remote offices
    over our internal intranet (all fixed IP in the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx range). Is
    there ANYONE who makes a simple FXO and FXS combo that can make it operate
    transparently (NO extra dialed digits, etc!)? I want the remote user to be
    able to pick up their phone and dial as if they were local to the KSU (extn
    or access code, etc) and get audible feedback from the KSU (dialtone,
    ringtone, etc).....AND if the extns are rung by a caller, the remote phone
    rings without the caller having to overdial anything! (bascially I need a
    VoIP connection that emulates a FXS-FXO analog connection...without the 2600
    Hz SF :)
    If anyone knows of such a box, please let me know......otherwise, whats the
    best way to do it with what is out there now? Would I need to install a
    signaling server at the KSUs and have the FXO and FXS modules talk to the
    server (I would like to NOT use a server if possible but..........) using
    SIP or H323 or ??????? I have dealt with VoIP before but only one the remote
    end (installed Cisco 2400 series for a VoIP provider).....but this project
    is a bit different....oh btw I will need 1-2 FXS at the remote ends and
    preferably 4-6 FXOs at the KSU end to handle the remote sites..

    Thanks!
    Chris

    CWB, May 1, 2005

  2. A pair of Sipura SPA-3000s should do the triick. Each unit has one FXO and
    one FXS port.

    I don't know anything about Norstar PBXs, but I have used these units with
    Avaya Partner ACS PBXs in a similar configuration, and they work great.

    Mike Schumann

    Mike Schumann, May 2, 2005

  3. CWB

    CWB Guest

    As long as I can put an analog phone on one end and the other box goes to an
    analog port on the switch, thats all I need....I take it there is no extra
    digits to dial, etc??? The Partner is a KSU similar to the Norstar....(I
    have a few of them in service as well....along with a Legend switch too)

    Tnx!
    Chris

    CWB, May 2, 2005
  4. CWB

    C:\\Marko Guest

    Try to look at digium site
    www.digium.com

    I think they have something You will find appropriate

    Marko

    C:\\Marko, May 2, 2005
  5. CWB

    CWB Guest

    No, they do not.......they only offer equipment that works with Asterisk
    PBX...
    That is not what I am looking for.

    Chris

    CWB, May 2, 2005
  6. The advantage of the Sipura's is the tremendous flexibility that you have in
    programming the dial plan for each port. That has however the downside of
    complexity. If you know how to read a manual, and you are familiar with
    setting up PBXs, you shouldn't have a problem.

    Note however, that Sipura's business model is to sell units in large volume
    to VOIP service providers. As a result, end user support is virtually
    non-existant, except for the excellent user to user forum on Voxilla.com.

    Good luck,
    Mike Schumann

    Mike Schumann, May 2, 2005
  7. CWB

    appan Guest

    Hi,
    You can go in for Asterisk based PBX connecting the two or more
    office.Other simple options is to go in for 4 port Analogue GWs like
    Quintum and connect the phones.

    appan kh
    .

    appan, May 3, 2005