    into the kernel as well - all too difficult for a newbie!

    A pity it takes so long for Linux to integrate new hardware!

    John

    John Dyer, Aug 23, 2005

  2. John Dyer

    shannon Guest

    tragic
    Its a pity your hardware vendor hasn't provide you with the resources
    you need.

    shannon, Aug 24, 2005

  3. John Dyer

    Bret Guest

    Have you asked in a Linux group, they are "able" to help.

    Bret, Aug 24, 2005
  4. John Dyer

    John Dyer Guest

    Any particular group? there are quite a few

    John Dyer, Aug 25, 2005
  5. John Dyer

    Bret Guest

    Bret, Aug 26, 2005
  6. John Dyer

    John Dyer Guest

    Thanks for that Brett, I am aware of the Viaarena site, the source code is
    there and they offer compiled modules, but they are all for *old* distros
    and old kernels like Mandrake 9.2, (gone past 10.2 now), Suse 8.2 (last was
    9.3) etc etc. (I really want to use Xandros 3.0)
    If this was for dos or windows I would compile it in a flash, but to do it
    under linux means re-compiling the kernel, building a load module, etc etc
    thats a bit too much for my level of knowledge at the moment!

    From looking at the links you provided, it looks like its going to make it
    into the kernel really soon anyway, so perhaps I'll just wait!

    Thanks anyway,

    John Dyer, Aug 29, 2005
  7. John Dyer

    Bret Guest