Fustration in dealing with VUE

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Matt'
    Matt: Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE this is Matt,
    how may I help you?
    Robert: I'd like to know how much longer I have to wait
    for my 71-271 results. Prometric has already posted
    results and updated MCP transcripts.
    Matt: one moment please
    Matt: OK I was just told those results will be sent out
    within the next week...
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Teleza'.
    You are now chatting with 'Teleza'
    Robert: when will they be posted on the website?
    Teleza: One moment
    Teleza: When did you take the Beta exam?
    Robert: in November
    Teleza: I was informed that it takes up to 6-8 weeks, This
    is an approximate date and the results are not always sent
    within that timeframe.
    Teleza:
    Robert: do you think you are talking to an idiot? The exam
    eval is complete, your competitor (Prometric) has already
    posted the results to their website and anyone taking the
    exam with Prometric already have their Microsoft
    Transcripts updated.
    Robert: that 6-8 week timeframe has now passed.
    Robert: so the question is why has your competitor beaten
    you to the punch - AND WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CATCH UP?
    Teleza: I just spoke to the Program Coordinator for
    Microsoft, he informed me that the delivery period ended
    on Nov. 20th therefore we are still in the 6-8 week
    timeframe as soon as we get the results we will update and
    post them to our website.
    Robert: are you even following this conversation?
    Prometric has ALREADY released the beta results, why are
    you behind?

    These people are as dense as a bar of solid lead.

    Guest, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Guest

    Lazyadmin Guest

    They are dense? What part of 6-8 weeks did you not understand?

    Lazyadmin, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Guest

    Jim Johnson Guest

    No worries! I just checked my VUE account and it posted! I
    passed! I figure it'll take a few days for the Microsoft
    Transcript to get updated, but I'm just glad the waiting
    for 71-271 is over ...

    - Jim

    Jim Johnson, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    6-8 weeks does not give them the excuse to drag their feet. The process for a beta exam is a long one since there are reviews and the standard setting that must be performed. In some cases it could (and has) take(n) 12 weeks to get a result

    The point that everyone is missing is that once the scores are released, then there is no reason for the clock to remain stopped. There has been an alternation between Vue and Prometric where Vue gets them out first and at other times Prometric gets them out first. Prometric had the results out Friday, or even Thursday. There is no reason for Vue to drag their feet.

    Guest, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Guest

    Kian Wah Lai Guest

    for 71-282, i got my results after 3 months of waiting

    Kian Wah Lai, Jan 13, 2004
  6. Guest

    Bored of IT Guest

    maybe next time you will consider prometrics. vue have some serious problems

    ccnp,ccdp,mcse+i(nt4),mcse(2k),mcsa,mcdba,cca,oca&boredofIT

    Bored of IT, Jan 13, 2004
  7. Guest

    Adam Leinss Guest

    I feel your pain. I have taken my last two exams with Prometric.
    I'm currently attaining a technical college and they are a Microsoft
    IT Academy, so the Microsoft exams are only $75 through Vue. So I
    thought, "why not take these through the college?". Well, I'll tell
    you why not! First, I tried registering TWICE through their web site
    and never got a confirmation e-mail with the login and password. I'm
    sure RoadRunner is blocking their site, so I tried to sign up with
    another e-mail address. That works, then in the confirmation e-mail
    it states that if the password field is blank that I'm already in the
    system and to request a password re-issuance. Well, I do that and
    nothing ever comes. After monkeying around on their site for 15
    minutes, I find an e-mail address to contact them at. I send them an
    e-mail asking to 1. reset my password and 2. ask what MCP ID do they
    have on file for me. I couldn't remember if I entered it or not.
    They say on the contact page that response time is a few days!!!

    They reply back about 3 days later and reset my password and never
    answer my second question. I login and the only thing you can do is
    register for a class. You cannot change ANY of your information or
    see what it is. I cannot think of any useful purpose for this site!
    At Prometric's web site you can see your history, change your
    personal information and see what MCP ID they have on file for you.
    I e-mail them again and ask the same question (two times the charm
    maybe?). The CS rep replies back with a MCP ID totally different
    then my MCP number! I also contacted the administrator at the
    testing center at the college, but I have not hear back from them and
    Vue wants to charge me the full $125 for the exam.

    In the back of my MS Press book there's a voucher for 15% off the
    exam, so I input that code and now it's just $106 @ Prometric. So
    it's $29 more then Vue, but the testing center is 15 minutes closer
    then the other one and I have the peace of mind I'll get correct
    credit for passing my exam to my MCP id.

    Adam

    Adam Leinss, Jan 13, 2004
  8. There are results that I have never received hard copies of from VUE.
    Seriously considering taking all of my exams now with Prometric. I used to
    be a VUE die hard. Now that is changing.

    Christopher Beasley

    Christopher Beasley, Jan 13, 2004