    opportunities are. It would be good to hear from people that started form
    the MCDST and have progressed.

    Thanx in advance Paul

    wingstmontana, May 5, 2008

  2. wingstmontana

    John R Guest

    Your MCDST will server only as the elective for MCSA. It will not serve for
    anything for MCSE.

    To get to MCSA (2003), you'll need 70-290, 70-291, and a client elective,
    either 70-270 or 70-620. If you sit 70-621, that will give you credit for
    70-620.

    To get to MCSE (2003), you additionally need 70-293, 70-294, a design
    elective (70-297 or 70-298), and an open elective. See this link for more
    information...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx

    Where does it stop? It doesn't. Get used to that idea if you want to be in
    IT. As you have seen, certifications will be available for every OS, and
    companies will continue to update to newer OSs, so it will never stop.

    Where should you go? Only you can answer that. If you have significant
    systems administrative experience, then MCSA or MCITP (System Administrator)
    might be a good place to go. If you have network design experience, then
    MCSE or MCITP (Enterprise Administrator) might be your goal. There are
    other possibilities. Check out all of the Certifications available, not
    only Microsoft, but Cisco, CompTIA, etc, etc. Choose what is right for you.

    John R

    John R, May 6, 2008