    MaHogany Guest

    Which organisation has chosen to "upgrade" to M$ Vi$ta?

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Nov 3, 2006

  2. MaHogany

    Shane Guest

    Fred loses points by not existing

    Shane, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Doing things the developers never thought about is exactly what scripting
    languages are for. So are you backing away from your claim above that
    OpenOffice "won't do" automated tasks?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 4, 2006
  4. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    That's right.

    Traditional *nix security practises are very good - nothing to "worry"
    about there.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Nov 5, 2006
  5. MaHogany

    Fred Dagg Guest

    You're obviously not a sysadmin, and have absolutely no idea about
    security. Although that's been pretty obvious from your other
    comments.

    Fred Dagg, Nov 5, 2006
  6. MaHogany

    juicyjuice Guest

    "Traditional Security Practises" - There is no such thing.
    Unless your talking about the "Traditional Security Practises" that helped
    spread the Internet's first Worm, and yes on *nix machines.

    Security Practises are developed over time, and improved over time, by
    actively maintaining security, reviewing security, auditing security and
    testing your security. To use the words 'Traditional' and "Nothing to Worry
    about" in a sentence alongside security implies you would make a very lazy
    sysadmin who waits for the shit to hit the fan before "worrying" about
    anything.

    juicyjuice, Nov 5, 2006
  7. MaHogany

    Fred Dagg Guest

    Exactly.

    Fred Dagg, Nov 5, 2006
  8. MaHogany

    MaHogany Guest

    Not at all.

    You have nothing to "worry" if you follow traditional secirity practises -
    namely "best practise".

    Do that and you'll have no need to stay awake at night "worrying".

    Leave the worrying to those whose "fully patched" systems have known and
    published vulnerabilities that are actively being exploited by the makers
    of viruses and trogans.

    Ma Hogany

    --
    Bruce Schneier: "Honestly, security experts don't pick on Microsoft
    because we have some fundamental dislike for the company. Indeed,

    MaHogany, Nov 6, 2006
  9. MaHogany

    juicyjuice Guest

    Sorry Fred, I have him killfiled so I don't see his lazy posts, but i
    thought I would reply anyway seeing his reply in yours.

    I agree with you.

    And MaHog - Why are you on dialup? lol
    and why do you keep posting on subjects which you clearly have no
    knowledge..
    oh and why bother replying when everybody dosn't see your posts hahahaha
    oh and shit i am fueling the troll again, damn im bad at that lol

    juicyjuice, Nov 6, 2006
  10. MaHogany

    juicyjuice Guest

    I think you answered your own question/statement. Anyway atm's are no
    exception, requiring constant reviewing of security measures, although it
    would be nice to sit back and admire the security of such, it really isn't
    the case, as they are one of the most targeted in the world, i think you
    guys are forgetting the actual physical security they have to enjure.

    juicyjuice, Nov 6, 2006
  11. MaHogany

    juicyjuice Guest

    impossible wrote:
    -Snip
    Nicely said, I like both linux and windows haha, prolly first time I've said
    that i think. but yer, the thing is can linux meet the deadline, can it make
    the applications available and usable ontime in a
    commercial/government/viable environment. To us, *nix is natural, but to the
    average user it is a myth, It would be nice to bring it to the masses,
    seeing it on a mass productivity scale would surely place it in a very
    competitive position, which is probably why ms is already flexing buying
    power now, although i think at the end of the day, money talks bulshit walks
    and users will go with what they feel comfortable with. Hopefully it will be
    opensource, would be nice to return the power back to the people :) - I
    think it will be, history has a tendancy of repeating itself.

    juicyjuice, Nov 6, 2006
  12. In case you hadn't noticed, but Linux is not a corporation, and the only
    deadlines in *nix are those set by the community of people that is working
    on the various Open Source programs that people are using.

    IF you want something speeded up, then why don't you contribute to it.

    Likewise, if you want something added to it, then how about donating the
    code.

    Already businesses are both feeling threatened by Linux and also
    empowered, depending on what side of the proprietary fence those companies
    are standing on.

    Micro$oft is feeling very threatened by this, that is why it's pulled its
    enemy (Novell) in close.

    All that is needed on the Linux platform is for the games developers to
    move over to supporting Linux and there will be nothing left holding Linux
    back in the domestic sector.

    Linux is already demonstrating that it an enterprise class desktop, not to
    mention rapidly moving into the server sector.

    Ruidh Bhab et Criem

    Ruidh Bhab et Criem, Nov 7, 2006
  13. MaHogany

    EvilclivE Guest

    His parents could be illiterate morons and spelled it that way.

    EvilclivE, Dec 3, 2006