    travel expense. I have over 7 yrs exp. will the boost my career or this
    another hoop I'm jumping thru to find there no pot of gold at the end of
    this rainbow? Open for comments and suggestions.

    howard aka \Superman\, Jun 14, 2004

  2. there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, experience rules, but a
    education and experience rules even more, your choice

    Fred Mathering, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Howard,

    Well expierence always supersedes a piece of paper. Unfortunatlly there are
    a lot of companies that will not hire unless you have the minimum of a
    certification. It also shows customers that you are "technically" competant
    in your field. I think it's worth the cash for the
    certifications...........it can open other doors up that would not normally
    be open for you.

    Take Care,

    Edward W.
    El Paso, TX

    Edward A. Weissbard, Jun 14, 2004
  4. howard aka \Superman\

    PlazticSoul Guest

    Not to mention the rewarding sense of accomplishment and recognition. I
    still do a lot of side projects for friends and co-workers, but I'm still
    very affordable, but I do let people know that my time is worth something.
    And a certification doesn't make me feel as bad about that anymore :)

    PlazticSoul, Jun 15, 2004