    boot disk etc will not work. (unless you have create one with the software
    that will only work with your conf, current pwd and hardware.

    Dan.

    athegates, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Tim Weaver

    Frode Guest

    Frode, Jun 13, 2004
  4. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    Scratch this one.
    I tried DriveCrypt and DCPP (cracked versions of both) and the combination
    is exactly what I'm looking for. As I no longer use pirated software and
    have deleted all I had (that hurt!), I am looking for freeware. Currently,
    I'm using the recently released TrueCrypt 2, although some folks seem
    somewhat skeptical about it. I'm using PGP 8 and if TrueCrypt 2 proves to
    have problems, I *think* I can install an early version of PGP 6 with
    PGPDisk under PGP 8 and go that route. However, this still does nothing for
    full drive encryption.

    Thanks for the reviews. :)

    Tim Weaver, Jun 13, 2004
  5. Tim Weaver

    Frode Guest

    Frode, Jun 14, 2004
  6. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    This is true. Nothing I have is illegal or has anything to do with a
    business. It's all personal and it's a "keep your damn nose outta my
    stuff" kind of situation. Full drive encryption would be nice, but PGP
    for e-mail, TrueCrypt encrypted container volumes and a good system
    cleaning every so often is plenty adequate for me.

    Tim Weaver, Jun 14, 2004
  7. Tim Weaver

    Frode Guest

    Frode, Jun 14, 2004