Fuji want 95 Pound to fix my Fine pix 40i!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Damo, Jan 9, 2005.

  1. Damo

    Damo Guest

    Hi

    Just sent my camera off to fuji to be repaired. Fault on it was that the
    screen had stopped working. Everything else was fine. Just had a letter back
    saying that its gonna cost £95 pound to repair. Am i the only one to think
    this is excessive? Im in the balance of havin this done or not as the camera
    is useless without the screen. With fuji listing something like a
    Refurbished F410 for £130 pound i feel a little bemused that i could get
    ANOTHER camera with a little better spec (Optical zoom but no MP3) for
    thirty pound more. Just dont want to dump my 40i as i like it coz of its
    simple point and click and easy features and its good taking of pictures.
    Thinking of getting it repaired and then getting a Fuji F450 for £180 and
    saving that for best. Whilst using my 40i for parties out and everyday use
    using the NEW 12 month warranty i`ll have on it, so if i break it again
    it`ll be free to fix.

    Any comments would be helpful

    Thanks

    Damo, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Damo

    Jim Guest

    Buy a new camera. It isn't cost effective to work on these things.
    Jim

    Jim, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Damo

    Nick Beard Guest

    Tell them to GAFT!!!

    Nick Beard, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Damo

    Mike Henley Guest

    It's not excessive. You need a highly-skilled individual to repair a
    digital camera. If you get a plumber they'd probably charge you £45
    per hour or more, and plumbing is no intricate electronics.

    Mike Henley, Jan 11, 2005