    replaced it. Guess what - the new card does exactly the same thing. Is
    anybody else having success/problems with this? Any help is vastly
    appreciated!

    Stan Lowry, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Stan Lowry

    Steven Guest

    The Fuji su***s for FAQ's or support or aleast I didnt find anything
    usefull. But I troubleshoot digital cameras(phone support) when we get
    this error it's that people are trying to use the bigger storage cards
    and the camera needs a firmware update. That would be my guess but
    not really knowing the Fugi camera you mite want to check that

    Steven, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Stan Lowry

    pjp Guest

    Please keep us posted. I've been thinking/saving of/for buying a 1 gig
    microdrive for my S602 and now you have me scared :)

    pjp, Sep 18, 2003
  4. Stan Lowry

    Bill Guest

    Why not just get a 1GB CF card? Unless a microdrive is a lot cheaper. CF is
    faster, less prone to damage, and functions reliably in hotter and/or colder
    conditions than a microdrive. They even come in 2GB, but those are pricey. I
    have a 1GB CF card in my S602 and I have never had a problem. Just be sure
    it's 16x or faster, which nearly all of them are now anyway.
    Bill

    Bill, Sep 18, 2003
  5. Stan Lowry

    pjp Guest

    I'm "almost" positive (e.g. don't have specific reference at hand) Fuji
    states the camera supports 1 gig microdrives so doubt that's the problem.

    pjp, Sep 18, 2003
  6. Stan Lowry

    This Old Man Guest

    My IBM MD has been working great in my S602Z right out of the box for about
    six months now.

    This Old Man, Sep 18, 2003
  7. Stan Lowry

    Paul Guest

    Dont use a microdrive, go for a 1GB CF card. At least a 30X one would be
    best. Ive sold 50 or so of these cameras and my card of choice is a
    Transcend 30X card. Many others dont allow the movie mode to fill the
    card, they cut out after 30 seconds or so.
    Microdrives are more fragile and generate some heat which adds to the
    CCD heat, not desirable.

    Paul, Sep 19, 2003
  8. Stan Lowry

    Rich Kemp Guest

    Can't see in any of the paperwork whether the S602 supports these faster
    (WA) CF cards. The Fuji info just says 'Warning, some cards my not work'.
    It's my guess that's likely to be the faster, later cards. Fuji seem to want
    you to use only Smartmedia or Microdrive.

    Have you sold any S602s WITH any fast CF cards? Have you actually used one
    in a S602? I'd really like to be sure coz these things are nearly 300
    sheets!

    I've already got 2 128mb SM cards and 2 Microdrives and they're excellent
    but they're just not quick enough. I'm prepared to cough up if X30 CF cards
    will shave even a few seconds off the writing time. Three or four seconds
    can seem like an age on the jobs I have to do.

    Not had any problems with this camera or any of the cards what so ever,
    other than the write speed. I'd recommend this camera to anyone, it's the
    biz.

    I used to be a Jessop manager before I became a professional so I know
    photography and have used and sold a few cameras in my time, but I also know
    that the manuals and the paperwork aren't always bang on. Sometimes things
    should work but they just don't.

    If you can confirm they work, I'll be down the shops tomorrow. I don't give
    a monkeys about movie mode.

    It's not that I don't believe you or anything, I just wanna be real sure :0)

    Rich Kemp, Sep 19, 2003
  9. Stan Lowry

    Paul Guest

    I own a S602 and use a Transcend 30X 512MB card. I have sold lots of
    this combination without a single problem (thats not to say another fast
    brand card would not work as well).

    As to performance in writing as compared to smartmedia or microdrive I
    have not compared. But here are some (dated) links:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F602/F62A7.HTM
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujis602z/page9.asp
    Considering the CF cards used are much slower than current ones, I think
    the advantage Of fast CF cards is clear.

    Paul, Sep 20, 2003
  10. Stan Lowry

    mfa Guest

    It could be the "card" is formatted FAT32 and it needs to be formatted
    FAT16.

    mfa, Sep 20, 2003
  11. Stan Lowry

    Rich Kemp Guest

    Thanks Paul, I'll be down the shops first thing Monday morning.

    There goes another £299!

    Rich Kemp, Sep 20, 2003