    don't seem to SEE whatever it is that I am meant to using that method
    that will tell me if my camera's capable of infrared. Thanks so much
    for any and all help! Lynn

    Lynn, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Lynn

    Rene Guest

    If your camera is sensitive to IR, you should clearly see the infrared
    LED's on the front of the remote blinking with a white-ish kind of light.

    If you don't see anything at all, then that is suspicious too, because
    I don't think there are cams which actually have such an
    excellent hot mirror that blocks *all* IR. Maybe you are doing
    something wrong, or the refresh rate of your LCD interferes with
    the blink rate of the remote so that as a result you dont see
    anything......

    Another option is of course to borrow a filter from someone, and
    just try ;-))

    Grtx,

    Rene

    Rene, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Lynn

    J.P. Guest

    Yes !
    It is perfect Camera for IR .
    : 1/30s F1.8
    My woman A70 - 4 sec and terrible noises .

    good lack J.P.

    J.P., Jul 15, 2003
  4. Lynn

    Lynn Guest

    Hmmm...so that's one person saying it does work and another saying
    no...any more answers? Thanks, Lynn

    Lynn, Jul 15, 2003
  5. Lynn

    Rene Guest

    My woman A70 - 4 sec and terrible noises .
    This is quite intrigueing, isn't it???

    ;-)

    Rene

    Rene, Jul 15, 2003
  6. Lynn

    Andre Guest

    The S2 doesn't display 'live' images on the LCD - it only displays
    after the shot has been taken.

    Andre, Jul 16, 2003
  7. I do quite a bit of IR work with my S2 - with excellent results. 89B
    filter, set +2.5 exposure and a +/- 1.0 three shot bracket, aperature
    priority at f11, color set to B&W, and compose on tripod without filter.
    Depending on ASA, daylight exposures will be about 1 second. Images are
    quite flat, but can be edited into really fine, dramatic IR pictures.
    Cheers, Steve

    Pz =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B2?=, Jul 16, 2003
  8. I just took one by tungsten light.
    2 seconds, f8, asa 1600 light by two 60 watt bulbs.

    I'll post it as soon as I get organized.

    Bob Crownfield, Jul 16, 2003
  9. Okay, I didn't try mine in daylight. Tried with IR illumination in totally
    dark room. ISO 1600, lens wide open and 30 sec exposure, no filters.
    Camera recorded nothing, even when camera was pointed towards IR source.
    And before you ask, yes the IR source was working - confirmed using CCD
    video camera.

    Just answered post from personal experience and observation.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Rutlidge, Jul 16, 2003
  10. my observation is that s2 does infrared
    both sunlight and tungsten, using an 89b filter.

    my lunapro meter, with 89b filter, set to asa 100,
    or half the asa set on the camera, meters well.

    Bob Crownfield, Jul 17, 2003
  11. http://thedigitalimages.com/

    Bob Crownfield, Jul 25, 2003
  12. Lynn

    north Guest

    The S2 works very well with IR filters. I use a B&W 093 on a
    20mm/f2.8 and shoot panoramics. Works great.

    north, Jul 26, 2003
  13. Lynn

    north, Jul 26, 2003