    ureach
    "dot'"'"
    com

    sunlight, Jul 26, 2007

  2. sunlight

    Jack Guest

    Exposure compensation has to be reset for every picture with every camera,
    not just the Fuji F30, as it should be, since the light changes with every
    photo. I have an F30 and like it very much.

    Jack, Jul 26, 2007

  3. Jack wrote:
    []
    With the four cameras I currently use, the exposure compensation and the
    ISO setting is remembered both between shots, and even when the camera is
    switched off. I would not wish it otherwise.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 26, 2007
  4. sunlight

    DHB Guest

    J.
    Almost all of the digital cameras I own or have ever owned
    retain exposure compensation (EV settings) when powered down. That
    said, I only use Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority or
    Manual modes unless I am having a "brain-dead" day & need to resort to
    a preprogrammed mode. No offence intended to anybody who uses "AUTO",
    like my 80 year old mother on her Fuji F10.

    If I recall correctly most preprogrammed modes on most cameras
    like "Beach", "Portrait" & etc. may not even allow you to set exposure
    compensation & if it does, there is a very good chance it won't
    remember it after a power down or possibly even beyond 1 picture.

    I have a Fuji F11 & in Aperture Priority mode the Exposure
    Compensation can be set & is remembered. Mine is always set to -1/3
    EV where is seems to do much better in most pictures. This offset
    setting is always remembered so their has never been a need for me to
    re-enter it.

    Hope this helps, also I suggest you download the manual in pdf
    format & read & print the areas of value to you.

    Respectfully, DHB

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    DHB, Jul 26, 2007