FTP outward traffic causing "Unidentified IP traffic" error on ISA 2004 server connected to a PIX

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by quentinhudson, May 31, 2006.

  1. We have a problem with outgoing FTP traffic going through our ISA 2004
    server from one of our remote sites. It works absolutely fine from our
    main office, but when the traffic originates from our regional office
    (we connect to their Pix router via a VPN), it fails every time. The
    error from her workstation is "Windows cannot access this folder. Make
    sure you type the file name correctly, and that you have permission to
    access the folder. Details: the operation timed out". The user has a
    Windows XP PC but Windows firewall is switched off. There is a rule our
    firewall to allow access from all our subnets (including those from our
    regional office), so this should be applicable to all no matter what
    their location, however as a test I created a new rule specifically for
    the regional office subnet, which failed. I also started logging on the
    ISA server, while the user tried this operation again, and the message
    stated that the protocol was 'unidentified IP traffic' and the action
    was 'closed connection' (the source network was confired as 'internal
    however').

    The guy who looks after the PIX is away at the moment, but I was
    informed by others that it is not configured to block anything (indeed
    if it was, there would be nothing hitting the ISA server). Something
    seems to be distorting this traffic when it comes from the remote site,
    and I don't know what it is.

    Any thoughts?

    quentinhudson, May 31, 2006