  1. Lasher

    CBIC Guest

    Those King commercials freak me out.

    CBIC, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Lasher

    CBIC Guest

    Manufacturing? Ugh.
    So is Mickey D's ISO certified?

    CBIC, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Lasher

    CBIC Guest

    I'm a coffee snob. I only drink Folgers. It's the best with updates.

    www.folgers.com is bestester than www.strawbuttscoffee.co.uk

    CBIC, Dec 8, 2006
  4. Lasher

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    I'm all about full flavor (and caffeine). As long as I through an extra
    scoop in, then folgers will do just fine.

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 8, 2006
  5. Lasher

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    You're welcome! ;)

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 8, 2006
  6. Lasher

    JaR Guest

    Foo...Anybody that goes to a national $mega-chain-store and pays a
    premium price for $Product from $Minimum-wage-serf deserves what they get.

    People that buy Stratabucks don't care about the coffee anyway. They wan't
    the half-mocha huckleberry frappachino decaf with mint leaves and live
    dolphins served inna Prada handbag.

    Wouldn't like the taste of a decent cup of coffee even if they knew what
    it was.

    JaR, Dec 8, 2006
  7. Lasher

    Lasher Guest

    At least I don't wake up with the king every day...wait, I do wake up
    with the king. It just takes a while to make him go away.

    Lasher, Dec 9, 2006
  8. Lasher

    Mike T. Guest

    Nice perk (no pun intended) at my new job: Unlimited free coffee (and free
    lunch!). Just push a button and you have a choice of:
    -coffee (good)
    -espresso (haven't tried yet)
    -cappucino (kicks ass)
    -latte macchiato (yummy)
    -cafe au lait (kinda sucks)

    It's a very handy machine when you have the early shift requiring you to get
    up at 4:45am.

    I've never had SB coffee. What with all the
    double-mocha-latte-macchi-frappucino they sell, I figured they'd have me
    removed if I went in and just asked for a regular coffee. Milk. Two sugars.
    That is all.

    --
    Mike T.
    MCNGP #XLI

    Mike T., Dec 9, 2006
  9. Lasher

    Lasher Guest

    Your new job is either a gas station or a very nice corporate office.
    Still, that crap is better for you than Sckubrats.
    No, but you'd DEFINATELY have to add more sugar and more milk.

    Lasher, Dec 9, 2006
  10. Lasher

    Mike T. Guest

    The latter of the two. I've worked in enough sh*tholes in my life to
    appreciate when I've got a good gig.

    Mike T., Dec 9, 2006
  11. Lasher

    LRM Guest

    That's it, I MUST marry you. Anyone that talks like that must be able to
    make a fine cuppa a joe with toast on the side.
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    I'm sure your wife wont mind;)

    LRM, Dec 10, 2006
  12. Lasher

    CertGuard Guest

    Is it impossible to get a cup of coffee-flavored coffee? You can get every
    other flavor except coffee-flavored coffee! They got mochachino, cappuchino,
    frappachino, Al Pacino, what the fu©k? www.what the fu©k.com!

    $1 to Denis Leary

    CertGuard, Dec 10, 2006
  13. Lasher

    Lasher Guest

    Yes, it is. People have been sterilzed to think that Skcubrats tastes
    good and that the "regional flavors from three different parts of the
    world" makes a fusking difference in how the beans taste. Well, it
    does. Especially when they cook them at 400'F. Burnt is the new
    flavor. It comes in 18 different bags, each with neat little stickers
    on them that were all drawn by some five year old child in China for
    ..0000000004 cents per sticker, and is served at Skcubrats. Manditory
    30,000 stickers a day, or there's a docking in pay.

    Lasher, Dec 10, 2006
  14. Lasher

    PajaP Guest

    Ahhh, you probably bought it from starbucks , Seattle's Best or maybe
    McDonalds. Very well known uk chains.
    If you want real coffee then stay away from the large chains.
    Guess this applies worldwide and not just uk.

    PajaP, Dec 10, 2006
  15. Lasher

    CertGuard Guest

    You've not read the entire thread have you?

    CertGuard, Dec 10, 2006
  16. Lasher

    PajaP Guest

    I have now ;)

    PajaP, Dec 10, 2006
  17. Lasher

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    Biggest problem is they overroast their beans, thereby
    destroying any decent flavor that the bean had in the
    first place. At one time the store near a place I worked
    claimed to have Jamaican Blue Mountain, but after one taste
    I knew the franchisee was a lying big time. I've tasted that coffee
    on a regular basis and have never had a bitter cup. His tasted
    like warmed up battery acid.

    My preferences of the hoity toity coffees
    Jamaican Blue Mountain
    Tanzanian Peaberry
    Ethiopian Yirgacheffee (sp)
    Columbian Supremo
    Hawaiian Kona

    For everyday, Folgers.

    Lnkwizard2, Dec 11, 2006
  18. Lasher

    Frisbee® Guest

    And with that last sentence, you completely invalidated everything else you
    said.

    Folgers?!

    For store-bought, commercial, instant coffee, Taster's Choice is the only
    one that's tolerable for me. For non-big-name whole bean (or pre-ground)
    coffee, eight-o'clock is the best I've found. Their dark roast is pretty
    danged good, but hard to find. Their french roast is tolerable, their red
    bag is my wife's favorite, but I really don't like that one at all. I buy
    the cheap, pre-ground cuban coffees, cheaper than any other kind, and
    they're espresso roasts.

    Whither Kopi Luwak?

    I agree on the JBM, BTW.

    These days, however, if it isn't dark roasted, I really don't want it...
    unless I have a caffein headache, in which case I'd even drink the warmed-up
    battery acid.

    I believe they serve said battery acid at our local Waffel Houses.

    Frisbee®, Dec 11, 2006
  19. Lasher

    Briscobar Guest

    You live in Florida, so your local Waffle House is roughly 67 feet from your
    front door, right? They're worse than Dunkin Donuts up here.

    Briscobar, Dec 11, 2006
  20. Lasher

    Frisbee® Guest

    Yeah about the only retail establishment that is more prolific is Starbucks,
    however Waffle House does have (relatively) decent food, just REALLY bad
    coffee.

    --
    Fris "Scattered, covered, smothered, diced, and topped" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!

    http://www.mcngp.com

    Frisbee®, Dec 11, 2006