    generally make in a chain restaurant. I was being paid a retail wage as
    are all other Starbucks partners. "Partners" is they way they refer to
    any employee.

    Lasher, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Lasher

    Lasher Guest

    Oh, and bwhahahahhahahahahahahaha to your tips statement. Tips for me
    ranged from 25-28 dollars a WEEK. They were pooled and divided upon a
    dollar per hour against the number of hours that you worked as
    "coverage". To save face, and to probably give us more hours, I beleive
    that our store manager gave us all of the non-coverage and training
    hours that he could to taper us down to the amount of hours left to use
    for just coverage in this quarter. This is my assumption and I'll find
    out more today when I turn in my apron and do so very spitefully when I
    have a paycheck that I just got in the range of 300.00 dollars. Come to
    the Holiday Inn that I'm at now and I'll set you up though because even
    though my boss is jewish, and that's not to support lowdes cause in any
    way, I get paid a lot more since they have computer problems all the
    time right now and my general position provides me with better pay. =)

    Lasher, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Lasher

    Frisbee® Guest

    Well, get a job at a Wal-Mart or a Sam's and your title will change to
    "associate."

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2006
  4. Lasher

    kpg Guest

    As Lasher once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    Did you wear a miniskirt and a tight sweater?

    kpg, Dec 8, 2006
  5. Lasher

    JaR Guest

    So? Were they gonna fire him/her if ya didn't? Landsharks'd love that!
    I just can't believe anyone can live on that, even sharing an apartment.
    Min wage here is $7.25 IIRC.
    No, not confused. McDonalds is classified as "Manufacturing" not
    "Restaurant" by the govt. Pizza Hut is big-business too.
    Earlier than that, my friend.

    JaR, Dec 8, 2006
  6. Lasher

    Kline Sphere Guest

    2] They are paying people LESS than $7.75hr to work for them?
    what about sharing a dumpster? It's what I intend to do if times get
    hard!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2006
  7. Lasher

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I just can't believe anyone can live on that, even sharing an apartment.
    Seriously though, that's obscene. But market forces, supply and demand
    and all that stuff dictate wage demands..... To me the answers
    clear.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 8, 2006
  8. Lasher

    Briscobar Guest

    NEW YORK CITY?!

    Briscobar, Dec 8, 2006
  9. Lasher

    Briscobar Guest

    Even considering the fact that I just had roughly 421,000 calories of
    McDonald's sweet, precious, all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce,
    cheese, pickles, tomatoes, and whatever else they put in there on a sesame
    seed bun, I feel considerably less healthy. Manufacturing? Ugh.

    Briscobar, Dec 8, 2006
  10. Lasher

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Hahaha...ok, I see your point.

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 8, 2006
  11. Lasher

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Water Temperature plays a MAJOR part in the taste of the coffee too. Once
    the temp rises above a certain point all the oils from the beans are ruined.
    That's also why you often get a different taste from the beans you buy from
    the place vs. the cup you buy.

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 8, 2006
  12. Lasher

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Ouch, ok, yeah, that sucks balls then.

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 8, 2006
  13. Lasher

    JaR Guest

    Always an option.

    JaR, Dec 8, 2006
  14. Lasher

    JaR Guest

    Git a rope!

    JaR, Dec 8, 2006
  15. Lasher

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    When I tended bar, I reported 5%-10% of my tips. Basically, the credit card
    tips. Any cash tips were pocketed on spot. F**k them if they're gonna try to
    take my hard earned cash.

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 8, 2006
  16. Lasher

    Frisbee® Guest

    Manufacturing is accurate, as the key requirement for these types of
    establishments is consistency. The reason McDonald's succeeded (IMHO) early
    on, ahead of anyone else, is that they managed to make the food taste pretty
    much exactly the same, no matter which place you went. From what I've read,
    Taco Bell's claim to fame in this area is apparently nearly everything on
    their menu is constructed from dehydrated ingrediants, or perhaps I should
    say rehydrated.

    Since consistency is so important, I believe that to this day McDonald's
    holds the edge over Burger King, even though I prefer Burger King, and
    worked for them about 30 years ago (shut up!). McDonalds has condiment
    dispensers that measure exact amounts of ketchup, mustard, onion, etc., so
    there's little room for error. At Burger King, they drill into you (or used
    to) the EXACT amounts of each condiment, and how to apply them, but human
    error (or lack of desire) creates wildly inconsistent condiments. It's been
    30 years, but I still remember the exact amounts of ketchup and mustard: 1/3
    oz. ketchup and 1/9 oz. mustard. Spiral the ketchup, then make a "c" with
    the mustard. I can't tell you how many BK's just put as much friggin'
    mustard on as ketchup, and it alters the taste dramatically. I've even
    complained to managers about this, and they just don't care. This is why
    Burger King will probably never surpass Mickey D's in sales. At least at
    Mickey D's, I know it will always taste the way I expect it to. Not as well
    as a properly made BK burger, but at BK, you're taking your chances with a
    minimum wage employee and an underpaid I-don't-really-care manager.

    If I ever ran a fast food restaurant (and if it wasn't for the wages, I
    would) I'd run one of the best in the country, seriously. Way back when I
    worked at that BK back home, we underwent an inspection by BK Corporate and
    we were later told that we ranked in the top ten in the world. Little dinky
    town of 10,000, too. We took a lot of pride and it showed. Today, it's
    just a job for high school kids who can't even count back change, let alone
    get an order correct.

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2006
  17. Lasher

    Lasher Guest

    I probably should have. My tips would have increased for everyone
    dramatically because of my girlish physique.

    Lasher, Dec 8, 2006
  18. Lasher

    Frisbee® Guest

    People like you are the reason the 8% law was passed. When I say people
    like you, I mean ALL tipped employees. You'd have to be stupid to do it any
    other way.

    Frisbee®, Dec 8, 2006
  19. Lasher

    Briscobar Guest