    actually does.

    Thanks very much for any help,

    Jack

    df, Jan 21, 2007

  2. df

    1932 Guest

    Some info here J.
    http://asicguide.com/verilog/fsm.html

    Or you can go to www.google.com , and type in..
    Finite State Machine diagrams
    ^
    ^ ...i not a.

    1932, Jan 21, 2007

  3. df

    why? Guest

    Should be in lots on university computing course notes found online,
    www.google.com a bit.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_state_machine

    http://cslu.cse.ogi.edu/HLTsurvey/ch11node8.html

    I guess the very simple view, is it's how information changes , what
    triggers the change and resulting actions.
    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jan 21, 2007
  4. Blinky the Shark, Jan 21, 2007
  5. a and b are your inputs. (Think of your finite state machine
    as a vending machine with a single coin slot that accepts
    nickels and dimes, one coin at a time. A mechanical sensor
    indicates to the control whether a dime or nickel has been
    inserted into the coin slot. If a nickel has been inserted
    we get an a, if a dime then a b.)

    Your vending machine can only go to S4 if you insert your
    coins in the exact sequence a, b, a. Any other possible
    input sequence will send you right back to the start. That
    is, if you try the sequence a, a, you take the arrow back to
    S0; if you try the sequence a, b, b you take the arrow back.
    The only allowed sequence is a, b, a. (Reading that
    back I sound like the holy handgrenade of Antioch.)

    The states remember what you have already done:
    * S1 remembers that you have inserted a
    * S3 remembers that you have inserted a, b
    * S4 remembers that you inserted the sequence a, b, a.

    nullius.filius, Jan 22, 2007