FS: Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF Nikkor Lens

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Sand, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. George Sand

    George Sand Guest

    George Sand, Nov 2, 2004

  2. George Sand

    Hunt Guest

    George,

    You might have better response if you post to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm.
    First, this is a discussion NG, and being "digital," most would find that your
    lens doesn't function properly, even if the have a Nikon D2x. Just a friendly
    pointer.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Genuine question: in what way would this lens not function "properly" on a
    digital camera? While this isn't the current "D" version of the lens,
    according to my newly-bought D70's instruction book, all you would lose is
    the D70's "3d" metering mode (plus of course it effectively becomes a 75mm
    lens).

    I'm new to dSLRs, so if I'm missing anything, please let me know.

    Regards,

    Graham Holden, Nov 3, 2004
  4. George Sand

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    The lens will work just fine. On the assumption that it's the "D" that you
    expect to see after the aperture, that does *not* mean "digital".

    But this still isn't the place to post for-sale ads, as you say.

    Jeremy Nixon, Nov 4, 2004
  5. I see no reason to expect any kind of problem. I routinely use AF-D,
    AF, and AI lenses on my Fuji S2 (which is an N80 body in front of the
    Fuji Electronics). The literature on the D70 gives it very similar
    lens compatibility rules as the D100 and the S2.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Nov 10, 2004