FS : Canon 70-200mm 2.8 USM / Canon 2.X II Autofocus

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rod Bruno, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Rod Bruno

    Rod Bruno Guest

    Rod Bruno, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Rod Bruno

    Mark B. Guest

    FA, not FS. Not to mention there are photo.marketplace newsgroups where
    this would be more appropriate.

    Mark

    Mark B., Feb 12, 2004

  3. Rod Bruno

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 12, 2004
  4. Rod Bruno

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Feb 12, 2004
  5. Rod Bruno

    Dave Guest

    Yes, those would be good places too.

    Dave, Feb 12, 2004
  6. Rod Bruno

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Rod Bruno

    JIM Guest

    Sorry Tony - it looks like these private hobbyist auctions have ended
    Yep, ebay is a never ending pick-me-up when I want to find someone crazier
    with money than my wife - how's that old truism go, 'a fool and his money
    are soon separated?'

    Good example running currently is the prices being rung up for Canon's 420
    EX flash. Seen several go for $175 or more. You can buy that boy in the USA
    model from B&H for $164.95, and you get a 'real' warranty;) My fav still,
    however, is the Canon RC-1 remote that I have seen go on ebay (if anyone
    ever really paid) for $30 - this great little item can be had from Wolf
    Camera, not the most inexpensive place to shop for camera gear, for just
    over $20, tax, tag, and title! 'Course, if you live in Tim-Buck-Two, maybe
    any price is acceptable?

    Shoot'em up, buy from anyone, Agfa, Fuji, Kodak and all the rest will love
    you for it!!

    Jim

    JIM, Feb 20, 2004
  8. Rod Bruno

    Dave Guest

    You are so right, Jim . Plese read this warning about EBAY:

    EBay will re-write your hard drive. Not only that, but it will
    scramble any disks that are even close to your computer. It will
    recalibrate your refrigerator's coolness setting so all your ice cream
    goes melty. It will demagnetize the strips on all your credit cards;
    screw up the tracking on your television and use subspace field
    harmonics to scratch any CD's you try to play.

    It will give your ex-girlfriend your new phone number. It will mix
    Kool-Aid into your fish tank. It will drink all your beer and leave
    its socks out on the coffee table when there's company coming over. It
    will put a dead kitten in the back pocket of your good suit pants and
    hide your car keys when you are late for work.

    EBay will make you fall in love with a penguin. It will give you
    nightmares about circus midgets. It will pour sugar in your gas tank
    and shave off both your eyebrows while dating your girlfriend behind
    your back and billing the dinner and hotel room to your Discover card.
    It will seduce your grandmother. It does not matter if she is dead.

    It moves your car randomly around parking lots so you can't find it.
    It will kick your dog. It will leave libidinous messages on your
    boss's voice mail in your voice! It is insidious and subtle. It is
    dangerous and terrifying to behold. It is also a rather interesting
    shade of mauve.

    EBay will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the toilet seat
    up. It will make a batch of Meth in your bathtub and then leave bacon
    cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase grade-schoolers with
    your new snow blower.

    BEWARE - such is the power of Ebay!!!

    Dave, Feb 20, 2004
  9. Rod Bruno

    JIM Guest

    power of Ebay!!!

    Roger dat. It does seem to have a kinda power, like the "Shadow," over some
    folks' minds, causing, at a minimum, unconscious/unreasonable bidding;)

    Jim

    JIM, Feb 20, 2004