    time? We have two separate internal drives within the laptop. If not, what
    can we do to resolve this problem? I have spoke with both Sage (ACT) and
    Sprint and neither of them know of any futher plans to resolve this issue.

    Guest, Apr 10, 2007

  2. Guest

    pvdg42 Guest

    If you purchase a second license, you can have both installed concurrently.

    But, why would you want to? Especially on a laptop, you probably have no
    real need for the 64 bit version, as current laptops, mostly cannot be
    configured with > 4 gigabytes of RAM. So, unless you have some software that
    *requires* a 64 bit environment, why bother.
    I would hope that your problem software suppliers *do* have versions that
    will run in 32 bit Vista, thus your problem would be solved with the 32 bit
    version alone.
    Assuming you purchased Ultimate at retail, you already have the 32 bit
    version on a DVD. You can remove the 64 bit version, then install the 32 bit
    version and you won't need to purchase a second license.

    pvdg42, Apr 10, 2007

  3. You can set up a dual boot. I'm not sure that's what I'd choose to do. You
    could even run a 32-bit OS in a Virtual Machine on Vista. Unless there was a
    compelling reason why not, that's what I'd probably do. The wireless might
    be an issue. But ACT won't care.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 10, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The Vista 64 bit was pre-installed, would we still have the 32 bit version
    included? And yes both programs will run on a 32 bit version.

    Guest, Apr 10, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    How do you setup a dual boot?
    How do you run a 32 bit OS in a Vitual Machine? Do we still need to purchase
    the 32 bit version and have it installed on our computer?

    Guest, Apr 10, 2007
  6. Both are covered in my blog.

    Yes, you need a separate license for the OS. The Virtual Machine option
    allows you to run both simultaneously. However, it probably won't solve your
    problem with the wireless connection. Though it's possible that it could be
    made to work in the new version of VMWare if it plugs into a USB port.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 10, 2007
  7. Guest

    pvdg42 Guest

    In that case (OEM Vista supplied by the laptop maker), no.
    You night try contacting the laptop company (who is responsible for
    supporting both the hardware and the OEM software that came preinstalled)
    and asking them what, if any, options they offer to allow you to replace 64
    bit with 32 bit Vista.

    pvdg42, Apr 10, 2007