    Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

    Thanks!

    Neil Scott

    Neil Scott, Oct 8, 2006

  2. Neil Scott

    D.Ford Guest

    have you tried using a usb mouse to see if it will move?

    D.Ford, Oct 8, 2006

  3. Neil Scott

    Neil Scott Guest

    I just hooked up a USB mouse and rebooted. Same thing. Cursor is frozen in
    on the screen. I have never used a usb mouse before, so perhaps it has to be
    installed?

    What about starting it in safe mode? The problem is, I can't remember how
    to do that!

    Neil Scott, Oct 8, 2006
  4. Neil Scott

    Neil Scott Guest

    Well, I remembered how to go into safe mode (F8) but it still loaded what I
    assume is a corrupt driver from the internal mouse pad.

    Any suggestions??? HELP!

    Neil Scott, Oct 8, 2006
  5. Neil Scott

    D.Ford Guest

    Unfortuatly its not sounding good. I had a computer with same problem
    it was the mobo. Does the key board work???

    D.Ford, Oct 8, 2006
  6. Neil Scott

    Neil Scott Guest

    Yes, the keyboard does work!

    Neil Scott, Oct 8, 2006
  7. Neil Scott

    D.Ford Guest

    insert you driver disk for the mouse pad and use the key board to
    navigate around to reload your mouse pad drivers.

    D.Ford, Oct 8, 2006
  8. Neil Scott

    Neil Scott Guest

    Well, after spending close to two hours online with a tech guy - - - it
    seems there is a touch-pad shut off switch between the keyboard the touch
    pad that was inadvertently switched off. What a terrible freakin' design!
    Anyway, I'm good to go again. Thanks for your help, D. Ford!

    Neil

    Neil Scott, Oct 9, 2006
  9. Neil Scott

    jgomez

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    It happen to me and what I did I went to control panel and look for recovery once I was in recovery I hit the open system restore and follow the steps and when the system restore and turn off my lab and on turned on by itself it started working properly.

    jgomez, Apr 13, 2012